Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 pages of letters in Argus today

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Fourteenth Eye said:
Mr Prescott's decision has opened up any area of outstanding natural beauty close to an area in need of regeneration to development.

Anyone who wants to protect the downland between Falmer and Sheepcote Valley should support us.

-Simon Barnes, Falmer

Isnt sheepcote where the nimbys wanted us to build ???
:ohmy:

Yes

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Fourteenth Eye said:
Mr Prescott's decision has opened up any area of outstanding natural beauty close to an area in need of regeneration to development.

Anyone who wants to protect the downland between Falmer and Sheepcote Valley should support us.

-Simon Barnes, Falmer

Correct, Sheepcote was one of the alternative sites that the Nimbys put forward, Simon Barnes is just another Nimby who does not know what he is talking about.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
''If the stadium goes ahead, its ugly working class football supporters will mar the sweeping views over the Downs towards Brighton, apart from the fact that you can't actually see over the Downs towards Brighton because there are some, what are they called, yeah, hills in the way. Weekend visitors to the Downs, instead of hearing only traffic roaring and drunken students singing, will have to endure the miniscule echoes of an all-seater crowd known as the Withdean Whisper as the sound fails completely to intimidate even the opposition fans let alone a few grumpy old ramblers outside. The extra traffic will barely be noticed over the roar from the A27 which currently blights Downland villages. On a massive 23 days out of 365 in each year! It's a disgrace!

Perhaps if Mr Prescott left his Jaguars at home and took a walk over the Downs, he would realise what dreadful, self-centred, NIMBY people we really are''

''I write to applaud Lewes District Council's decision to launch a legal challenge to John Prescott's approval to build a stadium at Falmer.

Hmmmm that's all right then, because he'll soon be writing a feckin big cheque to pay for it...............................

Fourteenth Eye said:

-Simon Barnes, Falmer
I'd be delighted to support Simon Barnes' campaign to protect the downland between Falmer and Sheepcote Valley.

It's really attractive open countryside, with spectacular views as far as Worthing and (on a clear day) beyond.

I'm so pleased that the Albion's stadium is being built in a low-lying field between Falmer and Moulsecoomb, next to an ugly block of university buildings, a railway station and a busy trunk road - well away from the open downland that he clearly enjoys.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You couldn't make it up

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Perry Milkins said:
Can you hear the sheep bleating..nooo nooo

Can you hear the sheep bleating noo nooo

Can you hear the sheep bleating I can't hear a lark singing nooooo.

Got a ring to it hasn't?

:lolol: :lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

It is totally undemocratic to impose this on the people of Falmer, when the only benefit is to a Brighton football club.

How the f*** is it undemocratic? If you want to talk about undemocratic then why are LDC fighting it when 5 times more of their residents signed a petition FOR it than signed one against it you absolute witch.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Fourteenth Eye said:

If you're referring the nimbys of Falmer the answer is, "Yes". Then again the nimbys of Sheepcote don't want a stadium built there either. The nimbys of Toadshole voiced objections to the suggestion that a stadium be built in their area too. I am lead to believe that the nimbys of Withdean don't like the Albion playing there.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Lord Bracknell said:
I'd be delighted to support Simon Barnes' campaign to protect the downland between Falmer and Sheepcote Valley.

It's really attractive open countryside, with spectacular views as far as Worthing and (on a clear day) beyond.

I'm so pleased that the Albion's stadium is being built in a low-lying field between Falmer and Moulsecoomb, next to an ugly block of university buildings, a railway station and a busy trunk road - well away from the open downland that he clearly enjoys.

I hope you sent that in Lord B.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
His decision to reopen the inquiry with a third inspector was straight out of "Yes Minister".

3rd Inspector? Have I missed something?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kent Seagull said:
His decision to reopen the inquiry with a third inspector was straight out of "Yes Minister".

3rd Inspector? Have I missed something?

There were two inspectors at the first public inquiry who gave their reports at different times (Feb and July)
The re-opened inquiry had a third inspector.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I hope you sent your comments in Lord B.

Short, to the point, 100% accurate and it shows that idiot Barnes to be a complete tosser.

But then his address is in Falmer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yoda said:
Is that Kingston, LONDON?

Ever been back down here lately and seen the sight? :dunce:
It's Kingston near Lewes. I drive through there every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here