Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 new fans lost

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
A mate of mine took his 9 year old to MK Dons game recently and then subjected his 7 year old to yesterdays pile of shit together with the 9 year old.

They are both Chelsea 'fans' but probably would have been Albion if they enjoyed themselves but the simple fact is they were bored and don't want to go again.

Well done to the players and manager for serving up the same shit we have had to put up with for years and not only losing games but losing fans.

If they had seen a couple of goals and a bit of excitement those Chelsea shirts may have been swapped for Brighton ones.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
First Game I took my younger Son, at 6, was a 6-1thrashing at the Valley by Leeds. We were humiliated at Home and He loved it-"SO MANY GOALS DAD" was his response as I tried to aplogise for the debacle he had witnessed. We have both been Season Ticket holders at the Valley ever since.Through good and dark times.
Now I know I am going to slaughtered for this but Withdean can be a very unpleasant place when things are not going well and this sometimes is reflected on this message board. I saw my first game at the age of 7 in the '60's and it terrified and enthralled me-perhaps I would never had returned to Football had I been surrounded by short sighted neanderthals with little patience and insight into the demands of the Game-that group alas, from my experience, enjoy a high profile at Withdean. I wonder if that might be a factor here.

Up the Albion

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why have they even got a choice? Supporting a lower league club is an aquired taste, you need to be brainwashed into it from an early age.

In any case, even if we'd won 10-0, any kid of that age is going to prefer stamford bridge and 40,000 people to sitting in the rain at shitdean.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Let's just hope and pray that Falmer might cause a) some of the kids to come back and b) kids who haven't been to the Albion before to go and enjoy it and come back again.

Who can blame them for not wanting to sit in the pissing rain watching rubbish. Christ
knows -I've toyed with the idea of leaving at half-time sometimes its' been that shit.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Let's just hope and pray that Falmer might cause a) some of the kids to come back and b) kids who haven't been to the Albion before to go and enjoy it and come back again.

Who can blame them for not wanting to sit in the pissing rain watching rubbish. Christ
knows -I've toyed with the idea of leaving at half-time sometimes its' been that shit.

True. I don't think we can reasonably expect to attract any new fans until Falmer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is the first season I have missed in 11 years since we came back to Withdean and to be honest I have not missed the whole experience one little bit. I enjoyed about 3 games a season on average for the last 3 seasons and got drenched every other game. At least this season it has not rained yet in 7 matches so be thankful for small mercies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here