Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 more says Gus

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I feel we need another midfielder who will unlock teams defences with a good pass and send our forwards through on goal and a winger who will stay out wide and hug the touch line and take on players and get a cross or shot in and chip in with goals.

So....Sparrow and Lua Lua, yes?

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
Can't see Whing playing for us again to be honest.
El-Abd - I'd rather keep in the middle.
Cook - yes but inexperienced
Kishishev - No idea how good he is there?

If we don't see Whing again then I think we should be looking for a backup, if he is still in Gus' plans then I'd be happy with that lot too.

Whing has been playing pre-season. I think this would suggest that he perhaps is in Gus's plans as the likes of Tunnicliffe and Jimmy Mac haven't. I personally think he's been playing pretty well so far and he looks in better shape than he has done perviously. The league one Maicon. :jester:

Totally agree that El-Abd is better in the middle, but I'm happy to see him fill in at right back when he needs too. I think he might find it quite tough to get a game in the middle too.

Cook is probably going to part of the development squad, but could be used in a real injury crisis.

Kishishev can definately play full back on both sides. On his wikipedia, he's listed as a right back/defensive midfielder and he has played left back for Bulgaria too. Gus said something about him being able to provide cover in a number of positions too as well as adding valuable experience to the midfield.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
If we get lua lua then great i would like him to take on players and get shots off and chip in with goals and i still wouldnt say sparrow is that kind of play who will unlock defences but i could be wrong and i would like to see kishishev sign coz i think hes a good football brian and has a good passing game from what ive seen in the last 2 games and i think he could unlock defences and i want someone who will play that killer ball.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we get lua lua then great i would like him to take on players and get shots off and chip in with goals and i still wouldnt say sparrow is that kind of play who will unlock defences but i could be wrong and i would like to see kishishev sign coz i think hes a good football brian and has a good passing game from what ive seen in the last 2 games and i think he could unlock defences and i want someone who will play that killer ball.

Have you seen Sparrow play much then?

FFF

Apr 3, 2010

Attachments

• BrianClough.jpg
    BrianClough.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 373

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
Haha yeah I know what you mean too. I was only playing!

I agree with you about Kishishev. Definately worth a 1 year deal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kishishev and Navarro is superb competition for that Holding Midfield spot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have to sign a 20 goal striker for sure. With that we are a play off side at worst, without that barely top ten. Time and time again it has been shown that just one good striker can get you a play off slot. We have a better team than some that have made it to the play offs before but without a quality striker this will mean bugger all.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
LuaLua OR Monkhouse, and Charlie Austin please

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

.... and breathe.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I get confused about the types of central midfielders we have if I'm honest.

Navarro/Kishishev/Dicker - Holding?
Sparrow - Box to box?
Chino/Baz/? Attacking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here