Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 more says Gus

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Comments in Argus to say he wants 2 more signings, Lua Lua on loan and a striker.

Strange bit at the end of article that says we are close to letting McNulty & Tunni out on season long loans. Surely if they are not in his plans it would make better sense to try for permanent moves to bring in a bit more cash. How lnog have they got left on their contracts ?.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Comments in Argus to say he wants 2 more signings, Lua Lua on loan and a striker.

Strange bit at the end of article that says we are close to letting McNulty & Tunni out on season long loans. Surely if they are not in his plans it would make better sense to try for permanent moves to bring in a bit more cash. How lnog have they got left on their contracts ?.

When McNulty signed it was on a three and a half year contract so around two years left

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

True but a) if there are no permanent offers on the table at least it gets their wages off the bill and b) if they have a storming season wherever they are we'll get a better player back.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Lua Lua (or another left winger) plus striker will do nicely. With those, I think a top 6 finish beckons.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sounds as if Kishishev signing is a definite as with McNulty gone we would need cover at left back which he can provide (as well as being a more than adequate replacement for Hendrie in midfield)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
sounds as if Kishishev signing is a definite as with McNulty gone we would need cover at left back which he can provide (as well as being a more than adequate replacement for Hendrie in midfield)

Also provides cover at right back initially with Calderon still out. I think Dunk has the ability to replace Tunnicliffe as fourth choice centre half based on the MK game last season so not sure Poyet will bring anyone in to replace him. We can always use the short term loan market if we have any real problems.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No further word on Hendrie?

changed his name to Kishishev.

BTW I see that "Ask The Club" is back. As well as signalling Insider's return from hols it seems likely to pressage the signing of the last piece of the jigsaw (LuaLua aside) - the much-vaunted "goals guaranteed" striker - pretty soon.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
i feel if Jimmy Mc and Tuny leave we will be short on players at the back, so prob one more defender needed as well

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
A striker is an absolute must. Without this we will struggle to break above mid table in my opinion.

Creative flair in midfield i.e. Lua Lua is also crucial.

Would still like Lee Hendrie to be involved but that's looking unlikely now.

Do we need another right back? Not sure how many options we have got there if Calderon isn't fit for a while?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Whing, El-Abd, Cook, Kishishev.

I'm happy with that.

Can't see Whing playing for us again to be honest.
El-Abd - I'd rather keep in the middle.
Cook - yes but inexperienced
Kishishev - No idea how good he is there?

If we don't see Whing again then I think we should be looking for a backup, if he is still in Gus' plans then I'd be happy with that lot too.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I feel we need another midfielder who will unlock teams defences with a good pass and send our forwards through on goal and a winger who will stay out wide and hug the touch line and take on players and get a cross or shot in and chip in with goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here