Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 hours for a drink last night

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sounds like a total shambles by Azure again. I ran an event with them and they sent us confusing invoices and charged us twice on top of questionable service on the day. They seriously need sorting out - it is not rocket science to work out how to serve punters quickly. It has probably cost them a fortune in lost sales.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was it Azure in charge of catering for FBS? Whoever it was, they'll have lost out on a serious six figure sum in sales for sure over the two days. Presumably the idea of not letting you take your own alcohol in is so they can then make a killing on flogging their own over-priced alcohol to the thirsty masses. If they can't even do that, then they clearly have no business being in charge of alcohol sales at the Amex. How institutionally STUPID are these people FFS? Even though there were reports that they'd got it wrong on the Friday, they still - in theory - had time to get things right for the Saturday.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
See - I've always been fairly sympathetic to Azure when you've got 10 - 20,000 people all wanting refreshments in a 15 minute half-time interval.

But when you've got a similar number wanting refreshments in a period of six hours - and the queues are even worse - well that has to be sheer incompetence.

Can someone do a sum? Let's say you need to serve 50,000 pints in six hours, taking - erm - 20 seconds per pint, with a minimum wait of 10 minutes. How many pumps would you need? (Please feel free to challenge assumptions)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]. You're not wrong, I reckon they could've sold at least another 50,000 pints. I asked someone with a little cart selling water if there'd be anyone selling bottles of beer as at matches and he said "they'll be out later"; didn't see any though. I really though the transport would be more of an issue than the catering but I was very wrong on that front.

They also had LOADS of additional food outlets (very tasty burgers in the NW corner) but not much in the way of booze sellers.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This is really a disgrace. I don't really care about those moaning, it is crap music anyway. HOWEVER, the Albion will be missing out on much needed revenues to support the bid for the Premiership and Europe. Sort it out someone!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
This azure nonsense really must be sorted out once and for all.

But please do spare a thought and a prayer for big Jim and his son - they truly did go through help last night, see big Jim's latest post

Which post are you referencing, i can't see it unless i am massively missing something.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
As someone who words in the food industry I can not understand how these problems continue to happen time after time at the Amex..... Now ive not had to deal with 20,000 people rushing at me at once but still. Ill come over there and get it sorted out, someone let Bloom know

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive done 150000 at glasto,200000 at dorset steam fair,all be it not alone,
but it is a shambles,its called lack of organisation,and probably too many chiefs,not enough indians.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Queued for an hour and a half in the West Stand Lower concourse and Missed all of Annie Mac's set. People in the line (In the end it turned into every man for himself) It was ridiculous, the only downer of the night!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Frankly it was a f***ing joke. No excuses really. None at all. Thank god Brett had VIP so he could go up to the virtually empty bar and bring a drink down.

The only good thing its proved you CAN have food outlets outside selling chips so H&S MY ARSE.

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
big events always take the p)ss......... did they allow anyone to bring their own food or drinks in? did water take 2 hours to purchase?

what a joke. tipping cans into a plastic pint glass and charging around £4 - the days of me getting done like that are long gone.

No drink allowed in, I was made to bin my bottle of water before going in, then you had to wait hours and pay £3 or £4 (cant remember!) to buy one inside. Bit ridiculous when they warn you before hand not to get dehydrated...

This is all a bit of a shame because the actual music and acoustics of the ground were amazing! Could be a fantastic venue if catering (and trains!!!) are sorted out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It was a disgrace. Ive been to hundreds of festivals/concerts over the years and that was the worst experience I have had.

The queues on the pitch were just ridiculous, they did not move. I gave one of the bars in the concourse a go but gave up after an hour and a half of not moving and there were young girls in that queue getting crushed by people pushing from the back. People were getting seriously angry.

On the positive side, transport really wasnt a problem, in fact the buses were easy. Fat Boy was great, and I did enjoy Jaguar Skills but I wont be going back there for another concert unless they sort it out and a lot of others there were saying the same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here