Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 fans guilty on gay chant

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Homophobic chants are as bad as rascist chants and should be dealt with accordingly imho.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Uncle Spielberg said:
Homophobic chants are as bad as rascist chants and should be dealt with accordingly imho.

This may get a bit confusing but this is my take on it;

'Gay' is only offensive if you consider it to be a huge insult. If you are liberal enough to not actually care who is gay, then why bother being offended by it.

In that you would need to find the idea of being gay abhorent, to be insulted by being called gay, it is almost homophobic in itself.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gillingham fans

" you only sing when your bumming ".

Is that ok ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The stupid fact is that there are no more gays in Brighton percentage wise of the local population then anywhere else in the country, Brighton has a much bigger percentage of gays than anywhere else because gays from ALL OVER THE UK come to Brighton because of the liberal attitude something that appears to have gone over the heads of the pondlife that make the chants.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I just love our witty retorts to the gay banter... Who else could pull it off? ( :eek: )

You're too ugly to be gay...

We're the back-side Brighton Boys...

1-0 to the Nancy Boys...

Pure genius.

Quality.

:lolol: :blush: :angel:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Spielberg said:

But it is OK to make inbred / sheep-shagging chants though? What's the difference? Banter, that's all. (Not racist chanting, that is unacceptable btw)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lord Bracknell said:
It's not as good as '4-0 to the nancy boys'.

Remember 4-0 to the one man team?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Uncle Spielberg said:
Gillingham fans

" you only sing when your bumming ".

Is that ok ???

Not really a problem TBO.

No worse than us deciding that they were all Gypsies.

BTW. 'Fridge in your garden, You've got a fridge in your garden'. Pure quality.:clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hans kraay fan club said:
BTW. 'Fridge in your garden, You've got a fridge in your garden'. Pure quality.:clap: :clap:
That is a FACT though - we played there for two years, we saw these appliances! I bet they're still there.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
How ironic: two blokes out together, taunting others for being "queer". Bet the irony is lost on these tossers!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Peteinblack said:
How ironic: two blokes out together, taunting others for being "queer". Bet the irony is lost on these tossers!

???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
hans kraay fan club said:

I draw the line at 'HIV' though. That's out of order.

Exactly, although I don't seem to recall seeing HI, HII or HIII at my local cinema yet, are the H films a bit like Rocky, will we have HV soon?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont see the problem with it to be honest

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
El Presidente said:
Exactly, although I don't seem to recall seeing HI, HII or HIII at my local cinema yet, are the H films a bit like Rocky, will we have HV soon?

I think its a straight to DVD affair

I don't get why homophobic taunting is seen as alright yet there's this big thing nowadays about racism. They're both derogatory and prejudicial right?

It doesn't bother me what fans sing at us but it's not right there should be one rule for one form of prejudice and another rule for another form of it.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I don't get why homophobic taunting is seen as alright yet there's this big thing nowadays about racism. They're both derogatory and prejudicial right?

It doesn't bother me what fans sing at us but it's not right there should be one rule for one form of prejudice and another rule for another form of it.

This is true but most fans who chant homophobic stuff at Albion fans don't really believe that said fans are actually gay, whereas racist chanting is obviously directed at people from ethnic minorities

If we sing "1-0 to the nancy boys" and chez is in the crowd with us, can he sue us all for insinuating that he is gay?

I personally couldn't give a toss if someone called me gay, said I had HIV or whatever. It just shows them to be complete tossers which is amusing. Call me a Palace fan on the other hand :censored: .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here