Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 fans guilty on gay chant

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006360734,00.html

TWO Norwich City football fans have become the first to be convicted of homophobic chants.

James Monkhouse, 28, and Michael Church, 24, shouted “queer” taunts at Brighton supporters at a game last February.

But they escaped a match ban after telling Norwich JPs they were responding to jibes that their team’s East Anglian home was “full of inbreds”.

Insurance broker Monkhouse and engineer Church received conditional discharges and paid £200 costs after being convicted of disorderly behaviour.

They both told JPs their chants were part of “football banter” and did not think “queer” was derogatory, insisting they had gay pals.

The court heard police had warned the pair on their behaviour previously but did not consider them hooligans

Jesus, what a waste of time / money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They should have sent them down, a week or two searching for the soap in the prison shower would have converted them to the joys of BUMSEX and FELCHING.

This does of course give us a dilemma when we go to Ashton Gate this season and sing to the Brizzle fans "You're Welsh, and you know you are", which is surely a worse insult than 'faggot'.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

We will be fined for calling the ref a W*nker soon.

More money and time wasted.

:nono: :nono:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
El Presidente said:
They should have sent them down, a week or two searching for the soap in the prison shower would have converted them to the joys of BUMSEX and FELCHING.

This does of course give us a dilemma when we go to Ashton Gate this season and sing to the Brizzle fans "You're Welsh, and you know you are", which is surely a worse insult than 'faggot'.

There is no worse insult than being called a faggot, which is why I get so angry when fans sing it to us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
chez said:
There is no worse insult than being called a faggot, which is why I get so angry when fans sing it to us.

From this I can only conclude you would rahter be called.......

Paedophile

Palace Fan

Ginger :down:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
chez said:

198161651VkEmAr_th.jpg

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
chez said:

You must be one of about probably 20 people who actually gives a shit about that! The opposition fans are fully aware that we're not all gay, same as we're aware that not all Gillingham fans are inbreds, and not all Cardiff fans shag sheep! It's called 'BANTER'

Get over it :rolleyes:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It a load of shit. They should be allowed to call us queer, we're allowed to call other fans inbreads/sheep shagger/thieves/jobless. Banter is a part of football, if people are too precious to deal with it then they should take up knitting or go shopping with the missus on a saturday

larus

Skint Gull said:
You must be one of about probably 20 people who actually gives a shit about that! The opposition fans are fully aware that we're not all gay, same as we're aware that not all Gillingham fans are inbreds, and not all Cardiff fans shag sheep! It's called 'BANTER'

Get over it :rolleyes:

What are you talking about. It's a well known fact,.... isn't it? :ohmy:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Billy the Fish said:
It a load of shit. They should be allowed to call us queer, we're allowed to call other fans inbreads/sheep shagger/thieves/jobless. Banter is a part of football, if people are too precious to deal with it then they should take up knitting or go shopping with the missus on a saturday

I'm not sure that 'jobless' is considered a huge insult, but certainly I can't see that 'gay' is any worse than 'inbred', 'sheep shaggers' or 'welsh'.

The chants generally don't bother me in the slightest. In fact they give the opportunity to respond with some of our wittier ones.

I draw the line at 'HIV' though. That's out of order.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What a load of bollocks. Brighton is full of queers, Norwich is full of inbreds. So what?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
chez said:

Seriously? I would have thought that being called it every week you would get used to it. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's banter. If you cant have banter at football we may as well go and watch rugby instead.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
hans kraay fan club said:
I'm not sure that 'jobless' is considered a huge insult, but certainly I can't see that 'gay' is any worse than 'inbred', 'sheep shaggers' or 'welsh'.

The chants generally don't bother me in the slightest. In fact they give the opportunity to respond with some of our wittier ones.

Couldn't agree more. 'You're too ugly to be gay' is a great chant and usually leaves the opposition fans scratching their heads for a witty reply.

Banter between football fans is part of what makes the English game so great

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
chez said:

What about being called a murderer or a racist?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
seagully said:

Couldn't agree more. 'You're too ugly to be gay' is a great chant and usually leaves the opposition fans scratching their heads for a witty reply.

Banter between football fans is part of what makes the English game so great

Exactly.

After the last couple of matches, I want to hear '1-0 to the nancy boys' ressurected.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here