Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Days Left of the Window and Still no News.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Rose tinted glasses off - Does it really matter if we sign anyone, it's not as if we're going to get promoted this season. Maybe we'd be better to keep the transfer fees and save on the wages until the summer when we have longer to bring in suitable targets and strengthen the squad for a push next season as opposed to panic buying some of the shite we have been linked to in the past few days.
Reality check. 15 years ago we'd have given our left nut for any one of the players in our current squad. Some of you need to remember your roots and be thankful of how far we have come. If our transfer policy is that distressing to you maybe you should f**k off to Chelsea or Arsenal.
Rant over.

:albion2:

We were told by Bloom at the start of the season that anything other than the playoffs would be a failure, not helping OCJ by bringing in the players he thinks that he needs to make the playoffs is effectively throwing him under a bus. We'll end up with a disgruntled manager, including the players who will leave at season end Ward, Kuszcack, Ward and Andrews (probably more that I've forgotten).

We were told by Bloom at the start of the season that anything other than the playoffs would be a failure, not helping OCJ by bringing in the players he thinks that he needs to make the playoffs is effectively throwing him under a bus. We'll end up with a disgruntled manager, including the players who will leave at season end Ward, Kuszcack, Ward and Andrews (probably more that I've forgotten).

Ward must really have the hump if he is leaving twice !

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Bid for Dale Stephens has been accepted and the player will be talking to the club today, if that lightens the mood?

D

Deleted member 22389

Rose tinted glasses off - Does it really matter if we sign anyone, it's not as if we're going to get promoted this season. Maybe we'd be better to keep the transfer fees and save on the wages until the summer when we have longer to bring in suitable targets and strengthen the squad for a push next season as opposed to panic buying some of the shite we have been linked to in the past few days.
Reality check. 15 years ago we'd have given our left nut for any one of the players in our current squad. Some of you need to remember your roots and be thankful of how far we have come. If our transfer policy is that distressing to you maybe you should f**k off to Chelsea or Arsenal.
Rant over.

:albion2:

Quite right.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A whole host of players have now gone public with squad concerns, I think the lingering smell of Gus and his TV antics have caused us recruitment issues, I simply cannot believe that Millwall and Bournemouth for example can offer an overall better package, I simply wont believe it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bid for Dale Stephens has been accepted and the player will be talking to the club today, if that lightens the mood?

Interesting, is this inside info or is it online somewhere?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If they can't get players who will improve us then it's not worth bothering. How many managers in the last few years have said they don't like doing business in January - It's because there's less players available and they are all more expensive. Clubs that are happy to over spend have managed to sign players.

It will benefit us in the long run not to panic buy in this window.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
, I simply cannot believe that Millwall and Bournemouth for example can offer an overall better package, I simply wont believe it.

The probable reasons for this have been discussed at length, you seem to be ignoring them.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Interesting, is this inside info or is it online somewhere?

A journo in Charlton first confirmed it, with a quote from Chris Powell

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 20m
Chris Powell confirms that Brighton had bid accepted for Dale Stephens. #cafc

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 19m
CP: Dale has expressed his right to speak to them if the clubs have agreed a deal, which they have. #cafc

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A journo in Charlton first confirmed it, with a quote from Chris Powell

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 20m
Chris Powell confirms that Brighton had bid accepted for Dale Stephens. #cafc

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 19m
CP: Dale has expressed his right to speak to them if the clubs have agreed a deal, which they have. #cafc

Excellent, thanks

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The probable reasons for this have been discussed at length, you seem to be ignoring them.
No, I am simply exclaiming further, nobody knows why, it was a rhetorical comment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And Football League a Show presenter Manish Bhasin just tweeted that Bridcutt to Sunderland for £4m. "Good deal for Brighton" he thinks. (Don't know what his source is)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And Football League a Show presenter Manish Bhasin just tweeted that Bridcutt to Sunderland for £4m. "Good deal for Brighton" he thinks. (Don't know what his source is)

If true, TB has done well holding out for a very satisfactory fee, imo

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

His source for "good deal for Brighton" will probably be NSC! :lolol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
ALL the business is done on the last day. Right now, the Albion (like about 20 other clubs in our division) will be finding it incredibly hard to get other clubs to agree to sell players,
Really??!!..... have you actually seen the list of players purchased, loaned or re-signed by the rest of the championship over the last few weeks?.... even so called tinpot clubs near the bottom are successfully bringing in players..... just makes me wonder whats going on, thats all.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A good few of these average Championship players are kingpins in the teams they are in. It would appear that they are being told the truth, in that here they would be a squad player and have to perform to obtain a first team place. Coupled with probably not being offered Rockstar wages, they have probably decided to remain a big fish in a small pond.
waiting-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here