Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2,500 season tickets sold...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does it include the group of 28 drongoes who turned up on the day and not one of them had filled in the application form? Personally I'd have kicked their butts back to March.

What application forms? What I find really astonishing about this whole process is that there has been no communication from the club about these presentations. I found out on NSC and now I find that we should be filling in forms beforehand. If the club can't be arsed to send them out in advance, I certainly can't be arsed to go the ticket office and get some.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What application forms? What I find really astonishing about this whole process is that there has been no communication from the club about these presentations. I found out on NSC and now I find that we should be filling in forms beforehand. If the club can't be arsed to send them out in advance, I certainly can't be arsed to go the ticket office and get some.

Um, the matt black box sets with personalised credit card type things? ???

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
i was also told approx 3500 on tuesday at my presentation. some guys in my group bought 15 we bought 7 and another group bought 10. virtually everybody seemed to be signing up so i would suggest that sales are going well and if you see the virtual seat plan if it would definitely seem so, certainly in upper west.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dougs you really do seem to have little faith in us selling all our STs!!! Do you think people like myself who believe we'll sell out (I think 10k - 12k via the presentations and the other 3k - 5k on the general sale) every league game are deluded or just overly optimistic? Or are you overly pesimistic!?

Not sure mate, probably being pessimistic I guess. Just I have grown up with poor crowds even at the Goldstone . Even in the Play off year we only had 10k / 12k's , sometimes a lot less.

A missing generation is a big ask and although MP and the Falmer salesmen will say will sell out easily I just think it will be hard. I think 14k would be about right.

Of course I hope we sell out , we'll see

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure mate, probably being pessimistic I guess. Just I have grown up with poor crowds even at the Goldstone . Even in the Play off year we only had 10k / 12k's , sometimes a lot less.

A missing generation is a big ask and although MP and the Falmer salesmen will say will sell out easily I just think it will be hard. I think 14k would be about right.

You're making me doubt it now!! Yeh I see your point but I know so many people who claim they want a ST who never go to Withers so let's see...

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
By listening to some of the scaremongering on here I thought we would have sold about 12K by now.

correct but have said before im sure ther will be 5000 tickets for general sale we are in tough times
will be very hard to sell all the seats?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Those were very dark recession days and most clubs had shite crowds then,have we really lost a generation of fans?maybe this is a myth.Plenty of negative people on here anyway so its nothing new,but falmer won't be big enough end of:)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

If we can sell 14K season tickets I would be very happy - probably you can add 1K away fans (if we go up) and 1500 general sale each match - 16.5 K in a 22K stadium is quite good in present times.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
According to a mate who was at presentation today club have so far sold over 7500 season tickets including 1901 club. I make that around 2850 in 1901 club and around 5000 season tickets. Club is apparently still hoping to sell 18,000 tickets in all. Remains to be seen but personally I reckon we will have a minimum of 13,000 and more if we do get promoted this season.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I should add that Richard Hebbard seemed very confident that they would sell the full 15,000. Apparently the block at the most southerly end of the East Stand (ie closest to the away fans) will not be on sale as season tickets, the reason being that for cup games in which the away team is entitled to 15%, they would then need to displace the STs. So there are slightly fewer tickets for sale as season tickets than we thought, and slightly more on general sale - a good thing in my view.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Quite a few potential new season ticket buyers I know are put off by the long time it could take to get to and, especially, from Falmer, especially with the absence of ANY nearby parking.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are the VIP and staff ST's included on the 1901 figures ? I personally think there will be 15k STH's once the presentations and general sales are over followed by another 3k glory hunters signing up pre season if we are in the Championship.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
We will sell 15k season tickets no doubt. Reckon about 10k will be sold by current STH's and their +3's and then 5k when they go on general sale.

Remember we have in excess of 10,000 blue and white members this season - a lot of those will want to get a season ticket.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

We'll look at it this way, we get 7-8k in a shithouse stadium at the moment now and took 33k to Cardiff not so long ago.

The fans are out there and I know of a Wolves and Villa fan, who have a soft spot for the Albion have both just got ST's, these people were not regular at the Goldstone and never hardly ever went to Withdean.

The 1901 is near on 2500, I think maybe the thread starter is confusing things with 1901? There are still some tickets left for this I beleive.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I didn't see anybody in my presentation group leave without signing up for season tickets, and when asked by Martin Perry, who was doing the presentation when I went, more than half of those there said they were buying tickets for more than just themselves.

Personally, I'm confident they'll sell the vast majority of them, if not all of them. Remember how long we've waited for this, how excited everybody is that it's real, and how well the team's going. The club couldn't have asked for better footballing circumstances to sell them in - if we weren't in a recession, they'd have it perfect.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shouldn't we be filling in the corners before the start of next season just in case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here