Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2,289 tonight at HARTLEPOOL

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Things are getting tougher for lower league clubs.

Walsall are offering free U18 season tickets and Tranmere are offering free tickets for a particular match.

Expect problems for a variety of teams once the revenue dries up over the summer with perhaps fans taking longer to come up with the money for season tickets.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why? No disrespect to Hartlepool, but they haven't got a particularly large catchment area, their record crowd is less than half of what our's was. They have never been out of the bottom two divisions (I think) and it's a lousy night and a midweek match and they haven't got much to play for.
So that's 2,289 die-hard fans then.....I salute them!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Times are tough up North. A chap I live with is an Oldham fan, and he's been telling me how grim things actually are in Oldham at the moment. Football needs a reality check.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I hate threads like this. So what?

A couple of seasons, when we were shit, on a Tuesday night, we had an attendance of less than this against Orient.

Do you think a thread was started on other forums about it? I very much doubt it.

Pretty sure we hit sub 2000 a couple of years back as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Threads like this don't make me want to mock those clubs, so much as raise a glass to those who DO bother to go and support them.

This is almost as bad as people saying clubs like Leeds or Newcastle deserve to be in the top division simply because they have lots of fans. Sorry, but your passion for your team is no less if you're part of a crowd of 1,500 than it is in a crowd of 15,000, or 50,000. Probably more in fact, because it takes considerably more endurance to sit in the main stand at Macclesfield week after week watching your team inevitably lose than it does to be at Anfield or St James's Park whining because you've only won eight games out of fifteen or something like that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I really struggle to see how some clubs are going to survive the summer with no income.

Very hard times indeed

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I hate threads like this. So what?

A couple of seasons, when we were shit, on a Tuesday night, we had an attendance of less than this against Orient.

Do you think a thread was started on other forums about it? I very much doubt it.

Pretty sure we hit sub 2000 a couple of years back as well.

Quite right Barnet at Gillingham was I think 1050 and a gate above 2000 was rare that season.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Threads like this don't make me want to mock those clubs, so much as raise a glass to those who DO bother to go and support them.

...your passion for your team is no less if you're part of a crowd of 1,500 than it is in a crowd of 15,000, or 50,000. Probably more in fact, because it takes considerably more endurance to sit in the main stand at Macclesfield week after week watching your team inevitably lose than it does to be at Anfield or St James's Park whining because you've only won eight games out of fifteen or something like that.

Word. No plastics in that crowd, supporting either side. I really fear we may end up with the ill-deserved big-club arrogance of the Reading plastics when they hit the top flight, if we keep our momentum going. Some people would do well to remember where we've come from.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Rumour has it that the hardy few who made the trip south on Saturday, were in the pubs and clubs of Pool on Sunday, recounting the horror of the day before. How the league leaders totally outclassed them and had it not been for trying to walk the ball in, how they should have lost 9-0. How the league leaders were hell bent on revenge for Pool's tactics in the first game and the ' job ' they did successfully on Lua Lua. How the league leaders were so determined to humiliate Pool, that they got complacent, eased off for 35 minutes and even gifted a goal back.
Rumour has it that locals were open-mouthed in shock and disbelief at the description of the humiliation dished out.
" Man...I tell you, it cudda been anytheeng.....7..8...9.....we got away with 4.
No-one apart from the hard-code would have turned out after hearing that!
( and bloody hell...what a bounce-back..all credit to the manager and players...a bit of character shown after having your noses rubbed in it )

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Word. No plastics in that crowd, supporting either side. I really fear we may end up with the ill-deserved big-club arrogance of the Reading plastics when they hit the top flight, if we keep our momentum going. Some people would do well to remember where we've come from.

Too right. Some of the threads on NSC of late have been incredibly arrogant. Are these being started by newbie fans or by old timers who have completely forgotten our history? Either way, it's not an edifying spectacle.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009

Be nice to people when you are on the way up because you may meet them again on the way down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here