Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1st x1 this year

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Now that we have seen a game and tactics, plus Rutter signing and Ferdi almost….is this it to date?

Verbruggen

Ferd JP Dunk Jack Hinshelwood

Rutter Weiffer

Minteh Jao Pedro Welbz Mitoma

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here be mine with the current squad if they were all fit like fiddlers.

—————-——--Verbruggen————————
———Van Hecke—-Wieffer—-Dunk—————
Lamptey——--Groß——-Gilmour——Estupinan
—March———-——Pedro—————Mitoma—-

But I think that at least half of this team will be injured or sold by the time we reach September.

If rumoured targets are signed and all the players are fit….

Kadıoğlu——-O’Riley——-Rutter———-Barco
—Minteh———-——Pedro—————Mitoma—-

Still enough time to complete negotiations and knock that team out for Man Utd.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If rumoured targets are signed and all the players are fit….

Kadıoğlu——-O’Riley——-Rutter———-Barco
—Minteh———-——Pedro—————Mitoma—-

Still enough time to complete negotiations and knock that team out for Man Utd.
I know we're talking about the starting XI on this thread, but the makeup of the bench is almost as fascinating this season. For the above team, I assume it would be Rushworth, Webster, Veltman, Hinsh, Adingra, Welbeck, Milner, Gilmour, Gruda. So no room for Lamptey, Ayari, Sarmiento, Baleba, Cozier-Duberry, O'Mahony .... with Estupinan, March, Ferguson still to come back. Wow.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know we're talking about the starting XI on this thread, but the makeup of the bench is almost as fascinating this season. For the above team, I assume it would be Rushworth, Webster, Veltman, Hinsh, Adingra, Welbeck, Milner, Gilmour, Gruda. So no room for Lamptey, Ayari, Sarmiento, Baleba, Cozier-Duberry, O'Mahony .... with Estupinan, March, Ferguson still to come back. Wow.
Not on the levels of Chelsea but unless we get another bunch of injuries, our big names not making the squad could be big news.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mind blown

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I wonder if we could now actually field two completely different first teams and win EPL matches.

Team 1.
Bart
Lamptey
Dunk
Webster
Barco
Baleba
Milner
Rutter
Encisco
Andringa
Ferguson

Team 2
Steele
Veltman
Wieffer
JPVH
Igor
Barco
Minteh
Mitoma
Gruda
Welbeck
Pedro

That still leaves room for some very capable players such as March, Sarmiento, to name but a few,good luck picking the best 11 out of that lot but how fantastic we now have a squad actually capable of really having a go at it,I hope I'm not overestimating our chances but surely we have enough quality to win some silverware this season.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
With the advent of 5 Subs, I think the concept of a "First XI " is actually no longer a thing. The days of 1-11 on the pitch and 1 sub are long gone, and we are now more than ever a squad game. Not quite at the stage of the yanks offensive, defensive, special teams and a playing staff each match day of 60 players, but very few teams will ever have a set first team. With the game becoming ever more tactical we are evolving into having two or even three different starting line-ups depending on who the opposition is

We may have a core of 6-8 players who would generally start most games regardless, but even that is much more flexible as large fully fit squads require game time to keep competitive

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With the advent of 5 Subs, I think the concept of a "First XI " is actually no longer a thing. The days of 1-11 on the pitch and 1 sub are long gone, and we are now more than ever a squad game. Not quite at the stage of the yanks offensive, defensive, special teams and a playing staff each match day of 60 players, but very few teams will ever have a set first team. With the game becoming ever more tactical we are evolving into having two or even three different starting line-ups depending on who the opposition is

We may have a core of 6-8 players who would generally start most games regardless, but even that is much more flexible as large fully fit squads require game time to keep competitive
This....I don't get the fixation with 'first XI' these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here