Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1st x1 this year

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
I know there’s loads of threads on loans, signings, but knowing what we know now about who is injured, signed player's, outgoings, will be really intriguing to see who makes the cut.
So many options…….
It’s quite possible that FH doesn’t know his best 11 due to amount of players not available to him so far. We at NSC, however know better, don’t we, so give it a go and see how it develops until window SLAMS SHUT!
Here’s mine, from what we know today…

Verbruggen

Veltman JP Dunk Barco

Baleba Weiffer

Minteh Jao Pedro Welbz Mitoma

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here be mine with the current squad if they were all fit like fiddlers.

—————-——--Verbruggen————————
———Van Hecke—-Wieffer—-Dunk—————
Lamptey——--Groß——-Gilmour——Estupinan
—March———-——Pedro—————Mitoma—-

But I think that at least half of this team will be injured or sold by the time we reach September.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Here be mine with the current squad if they were all fit like fiddlers.

—————-——--Verbruggen————————
———Van Hecke—-Wieffer—-Dunk—————
Lamptey——--Groß——-Gilmour——Estupinan
—March———-——Pedro—————Mitoma—-

But I think that at least half of this team will be injured or sold by the time we reach September.
Agree, don’t think PG, TQ, WBG will start.
PE wont start as not fit enough, in first 2 months and poor old Solly will not be same player after injury, plus young bucks in his position, so by time he gets fit, his place on the bench will be assured.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
This old dinosaur is not sure that a first 11 even exists anymore. So much talent in a squad and most of the nine on our bench could affect the outcome.
Agreed, not sure there is, but fun to try and guess!
Maybe @Bozza or someone can run a weekly ‘guess the starting 11’ as, assuming all the squad stay fit, due to not having RDZ training methods and better medical team; could be tricky

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm counting out injured players and assuming no signings that go straight in. I reckon we might go into the first game if the season with something like .......

----------------Steele
Lamptey -- Van Hecke -- Dunk --Barco
----------------Wieffer
----------Baleba --Buonanotte
Mitoma ----------------------Minteh
---------------Welbeck

Cahill / Veltman / Webster / Hinshelwood / Cozier Duberry / Milner / Osman / Sarmiento / Adingra

That still leaves us a lot of players to come back in. I'm expecting Enciso, Pedro and Verbruggen in particular to be massive for us this season

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Verbruggen
Bah Dunk JPVH Barco
Wiefer Baleba Gruda
Mitoma Pedro Minteh

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Suprised there’s a few putting March in instead of Minteh despite how much I love Solly. There is no way Minteh is not starting and becoming a massive player for us, he’s a sensational signing. The Geordies are going to be so pissed. This front three is frightening:

——————————Bart
—————Van Hecke - Baleba - Dunk
Hinshelwood - Wieffer - Gross/Gomez - Barco
————-Minteh - Joao Pedro - Mitoma

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Suprised there’s a few putting March in instead of Minteh despite how much I love Solly. There is no way Minteh is not starting and becoming a massive player for us, he’s a sensational signing. The Geordies are going to be so pissed. This front three is frightening:

——————————Bart

Back three in any particular order? Hurzeler plays the equivalent of a Libero in the centre, a great passer who steps forward into midfield. Dunk?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder whether he'll be using Baleba as CB, he may well want someone with more pace there (I haven't seen Wieffer so that could be an option too)

It could be anyone's guess - I wonder whether Fab knows his best 11 yet. I bet Minteh and Mitoma are shoo-ins though.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
I wonder whether he'll be using Baleba as CB, he may well want someone with more pace there (I haven't seen Wieffer so that could be an option too)

It could be anyone's guess - I wonder whether Fab knows his best 11 yet. I bet Minteh and Mitoma are shoo-ins though.
Depends on the Gross/WBG situation.
Reckon PG will go, Baleba steps up with Weiffer and WBG either sold or back up.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
With no injuries and subject to further signings:

Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk JPVH
Hinshelwood Baleba Weiffer Estupinan
Solly Pedro Mitoma

I'm a big fan of Solly, but Minteh is a huge upgrade on the right wing.

Any player we pay £30m for is going to be a first 11 player.

1000013729.png

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

——————————Bart
This - no way are we paying 35m for Minxteh and he sits on the bench instead of Solly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here