Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st ODI India v England

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I agree whole-heartedly with this:

Our bowing doesn't look strong enough for me but 330 isn't a small target. Early wickets ALWAYS key against India.

And also this:

325/4

Patel 44 runs off 20 balls!

England have obliterated their attack in the closing stages there. I reckon it'll be quite tight.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have a nasty feeling Dernbach could go for a few on this pitch (I hope not) and I wouldn't be surprised to see KP turn his arm over at some stage of the Indian innings.

Jul 20, 2003
Oh yes, I rate him as a batsman in the limited overs stuff (at least coming in a 6 or 7), even though he is inconsistent. It's his bowling I'm more concerned about; if he gets taken for 8 an over then he's undone a fair amount of his excellent batting work IMHO (watch him now take 4-40 off 8 overs).
Indeed and along with the training and preparation 'problems' he's very fortunate to be there.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Patel is England's version of our Ashely Barnes, always will split opinion.....as an all rounder, his bowling leaves a lot to be desired, it's his batting that saves him, suppose I don't like him as I feel as a professional sportsman, with everything at your disposal, getting dropped because your too fat, in my opinion, means you don't really give a shit

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Wickets required.......... 66/0 off 10 overs

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I take it they are playing on a CARPET.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stuffed again !

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
BOOM! 96/1

Tredwell to Rahane, OUT, and there's the breakthrough for England, as Rahane lofts high to long-off!
AM Rahane c Dernbach b Tredwell 47 (57b 6x4 0x6) SR: 82.45

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
2 quick wickets.
GAME ON

Patel is England's version of our Ashely Barnes, always will split opinion.....as an all rounder, his bowling leaves a lot to be desired, it's his batting that saves him, suppose I don't like him as I feel as a professional sportsman, with everything at your disposal, getting dropped because your too fat, in my opinion, means you don't really give a shit

He feels like a Duncan Fletcher 'bits and bobs' player, who wouldn't make the team on either his batting or bowling on it's own. If you're picking a batsman I'd rather (over the course of a series) have Buttler, or a a bowler Monty. Having said that, in India I think he's a better bet than Woakes (who played the warm up games and would have been tonked all over the place - and I say that as a Warks fan).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Steady progress to 136-2 (25 overs)

190 required at 7.6 per over.

Could go either way. England need a wicket.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
And Bres gets Kohli for 15!!

Get in!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Crap over from JADE... Yuvraj piles into him with three boundaries...

160-3 (28 overs)

India need 166 from 22... 7.55 per over

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What's all this hatred for Patel about? He's a very decent one day player, especially in these conditions. Very useful player of spin & they should be able to get 10 overs from him and Root. He averages over 30 at 90 strike rate with the bat, which you'd take all day at no.7 & his economy rate with the ball is around 5.5.

He's no world beater but in India looks a better option than Luke Wright to me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What's all this hatred for Patel about? He's a very decent one day player, especially in these conditions. Very useful player of spin & they should be able to get 10 overs from him and Root. He averages over 30 at 90 strike rate with the bat, which you'd take all day at no.7 & his economy rate with the ball is around 5.5.

He's no world beater but in India looks a better option than Luke Wright to me.

And then he misfields!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here