Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So far so good England batting first and 134/0 after 17.2 overs

Both Cook and Bell past 50

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good start but fancy India not to struggle either, what with these new field restrictions...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a good start but not quite as good as BH said it was - it's 138-0 off 24.

It's beaten the previous best Eng opening partnership against India held by ....

.... Chris Tavare and Barry Wood

If that had been a quiz question, I don't think a single person would have named the pair. I can still hardly believe it

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cook out

172/2 off 31.1 overs

....just to add, our bowling attack looks tragic, and why the hell Prior isn't playing the one dayers is baffling. Good start from the batters though:D

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
anyone got a livestream going?

....just to add, our bowling attack looks tragic, and why the hell Prior isn't playing the one dayers is baffling. Good start from the batters though:D

Oh bloody hell I'd only just spotted that Patel was playing as a fifth bowler :ffsparr:

On the wicket-keeper; I'm not a great Kieswetter fan, but Prior has had many chances and isn't the right player for the ODI team either. Kieswetter has an ODI century (unlike Prior) and 5 x 50s to Priors 3, averaging 30.66 to Prior's 24.18, despite having had 37 innings to Prior's 62. The issue for me with Prior in one day cricket is that he scores a large number of his runs square of the wicket, and with bowlers tending to bowl tighter lines in ODIs he isn't able to score as many runs in these areas, and hasn't been able to adjust his game (in the same way that say Alistair Cook has) to score in other areas.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
bet on India. NOW

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
236-2 (41 overs).

300 won't be enough... Pietersen and Morgan need to let rip.

Four singles in the last over. :nono:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Morgan & Pietersen starting to push on - they're both well set and England need them to stick around... 320+ required to make a game of it

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Morgan gone! c & b Dinda 41 (38b 4x4 2x6) SR: 107.89

248/3

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yep, i thought the same. england batting well! But on on a perfect pitch I expect India to be able to knock off whatever socre we set them.

£10 @ 2/1

great value

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kieswetter takes far too long to get in to bat where he is. If he's in the side in this format he should open, other wise play Buttler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here