Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
India win the toss and bowl.

England going well, 93/4 off 26.

Well observed tribute to HM.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Very disappointing finish. They didn’t need to do that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think this type of run out has become a bit like batsmen walking. Many will walk if have a decent score and at certain stages of game but few will early in innings or at crucial stage of game. Same as this run out. Very unlikely at early stages but more likely in a win or lose situation.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think this type of run out has become a bit like batsmen walking. Many will walk if have a decent score and at certain stages of game but few will early in innings or at crucial stage of game. Same as this run out. Very unlikely at early stages but more likely in a win or lose situation.

Most batters in the professional game won't walk at any point, and as long as they don't moan when given out wrongly I don't have any issue with that.

I normally have quite strong feelings on this sort of dismissal, in that it's the batter's responsibility to make sure they're still in the crease when the bowler's letting go of the ball. Actually, now that I come to write it down, that is my opinion. You have "how to back up properly" drilled into you when you're about 10, it really isn't hard.

That said, I'd prefer the bowler to give a warning. I've seen people take the piss far more than Dean was in that delivery.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally I think it was shameful. The batter had the bat grounded at the point of delivery and the bowler sucked her into the run out. It’s not cricket, it is cheating. If the bowler had thought the batter had been taking liberties then she should have warned her. Absolute disgrace to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here