Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Choice Strikers?

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Well, wot have we got, a short guy who can't score, a new guy who looks good, jake the snake, mcphee, and the trolley?

Who would be your front paring against Derby?

I'd Go with Leon on left wing, with CKR and the sanke upfront

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Leon and CKR with the new argie on the bench to rough it up when all goes wrong

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Given the lack of quality in midfield I'd go Leon (left), El Turi (center forward), CKR (right).

We surely can't play 4-4-2 with the current squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Can we PLEASE stop thinking that strikers can play on the wing.

Got to agree the sooner people get the message that Leon is a centre forward the better

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Rookie said:
Got to agree the sooner people get the message that Leon is a centre forward the better

Disagree. Remember when we played the flexible 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3 depending on how things panned out) with Zamora, Brooker and Hart? I think either El Turi or CKR playing in the Zamora role would allow to us play this shape, Leon can certainly do the brooker role on the left and would perhaps create more for himself and others playing wide or deeper.

We could then play 3 central midfielders and allow Hammond to support the attack.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Leon played far better on the wing than he did up front for last season.
Would still give him benifit of doubt + start with him + CKR up front with Argie + Jake on bench. If we dont sign a left winger however then there is a big case to put leon there with the argie + CKR up front

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The idea of the 4-3-3 grabs me as opposed to a strict 4-4-2 with leon on the left. a 3 of argie up with leon and ckr just behind him would look good

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
y2dave said:
Given the lack of quality in midfield I'd go Leon (left), El Turi (center forward), CKR (right).

We surely can't play 4-4-2 with the current squad.

Since we dont have any wingers apart from Jarrett, we could play a 5-3-2 formation with nicolas, oatway and hammond in central midfield and knight and ckr upfront. Who knows who we'll have in defence.
If we play 3 upfront it would leave our defence exposed.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Seagullible said:
4-3-3 innit. Midfield of Hammond Hart and Jarret, CKR Knight and a bit of Argie Bargie up front
That line up gives the defence too little protection. I reckon if we go 4-3-3, the midfield would be three from Oatway, Nicolas, Hammond and Carpenter.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We don't sound like there is too much of a problem going forwards at the moment, in a complete reverse to the majority of last season, I am concerned about our ability to keep clean sheets... That's didn't happen often enough last season...

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
bew4194 said:
Since we dont have any wingers apart from Jarrett, we could play a 5-3-2 formation with nicolas, oatway and hammond in central midfield and knight and ckr upfront. Who knows who we'll have in defence.
What defence?:nono:

You've got to assume that we are going to ship a few goals, so we will need to score more.
Might as well go 4-3-3
At least doing that may see us score more than 1 a game:lolol:

bew4194 said:

Spot on - can't believe people are suggesting attacking 4-3-3 formations at the rate we are shipping goals! Agree with your midfield but Chippy ahead of Alexis, I reckon.

The overriding purpose of our 5-3-2 we will probably put out at Derby will be to protect what will almost certainly be a new central defensive combination.

We need to put out a team of determined tacklers and ball-winners and trust the class of Leon and Kazza to make the most of their chances.

Playing an open game against Derby's excellent one-touch footballers is a suicide mission. Keep it tight, defend well, frustrate them, hurt them on the counter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here