Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Brighton Game After You Were Born?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Huddersfield at the Goldstone , 85/86 season

think we had Norwich away the week before.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
feb 21st 86/87 season oldham lost 2-1

however I was born at 3pm so the albion were just kicking off as i was born

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
On the Saturday I was born we lost 1-2 at home to Stockport.

It's highly likely that I turned up before the final whistle but I was an emergency C-Section apparently so it could have been later - in which case the following Tuesday we beat Rochdale 3-1.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Do you know who Brighton played after you came into this world?

Mine was a 2-0 defeat at the Den on the 12th September 1964,hopefully history won't repeat itself come Saturday

Incidently we'd played up there just 3 days earlier in a League Cup replay,lost that one too:facepalm:

On a good note,we did pip Millwall to win the old division 4 by a point and both Brighton & Millwall remained unbeaten at home all season

Bobby Smith played up front for us and Millwall had Alex Stepney in goal

I was at that game - can remember it quite well. Must have been my second or third away game.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've never looked this up, and thanks to this bloody thread I wish I hadn't. We played orient at Brisbane Road the day after I was born December the 9th 1972 and lost 1-0. The 72-73 season was abject and we were relegated from division 2 rock bottom. I somehow feel responsible.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Born in the summer (out of season) so first game of the 1977 season was 1-1 away at Saints.

I like this question. I was AT the very first Brighton game after I was born, on the East Terrace being carried by my Dad. We beat Crystal Palace 1-0 with a goal from Ian Mellor :O

How good is that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here