Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1984 Home Kit Number 7

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Current bid £170 and reserve still not met. How much are people prepared to pay for these things?

What is the provenance - how do we know this is Biley's as-worn shirt (other than the word of the seller)?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Current bid £170 and reserve still not met. How much are people prepared to pay for these things?

What is the provenance - how do we know this is Biley's as-worn shirt (other than the word of the seller)?

I wouldn't be bothered who wore it, it's clearly a match worn shirt, and that what collectors go for, and what I would go for. When they are this age you have very little choice, as I mentioned, this is a shirt that doubled up as a training shirt for the following season, which might affect its desirability a bit. As for how much, this will sell for over £500, and possibly quite a bit more, a short sleeve version of the same shirt, complete with the training number 7 on the front, went for over £750 in 2011.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see your point but he's hardly trying to get people to visit his survey website or something. But of course in true internet forum style someone has to pipe up and cause a row or the thread is a total failure.

What row ??? So its ok for him to plug his shirt to boost customer numbers with the view to getting more money when other people pay nsc for advertising, just pointing it out for fairness :shrug:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't be bothered who wore it, it's clearly a match worn shirt, and that what collectors go for, and what I would go for. When they are this age you have very little choice, as I mentioned, this is a shirt that doubled up as a training shirt for the following season, which might affect its desirability a bit. As for how much, this will sell for over £500, and possibly quite a bit more, a short sleeve version of the same shirt, complete with the training number 7 on the front, went for over £750 in 2011.

Seriously? I have the exact same home shirt match worn number 12, not a training top...would that be more desirable and therefore potentially worth more?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seriously? I have the exact same home shirt match worn number 12, not a training top...would that be more desirable and therefore potentially worth more?

Well, given that it's a subs shirt, only a bit more, but yes, to the collector, that one would be more desirable than the one with the training number on it. Given the choice (and assuming I had the money) I would definitely go for the 12 shirt, and would be prepared to pay a bit more for it.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, given that it's a subs shirt, only a bit more, but yes, to the collector, that one would be more desirable than the one with the training number on it. Given the choice (and assuming I had the money) I would definitely go for the 12 shirt, and would be prepared to pay a bit more for it.

Thanks, I had no idea! I will take a picture at some point and submit to your site, I notice that you dont have the long sleeved version on there yet.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
What row ??? So its ok for him to plug his shirt to boost customer numbers with the view to getting more money when other people pay nsc for advertising, just pointing it out for fairness :shrug:

Totally different a guy selling a piece of memorabilia he's collected (and possibly taken care of for 27 years) compared to an entrepreneur hawking on a forum for hits on his website or using Google Ads to promote his business on a website he's never head of or frequented. This is a Brighton fan selling Brighton memorabilia to other fans, not some San Franciscan startup company trying to get players for "Ancient Wars" or some bollocks. However, I do agree that if he sells to someone on here he should donate the fee he would've paid to ebay/paypal to REMF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here