Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1984 Brighton Bombing...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
National Geographic from 21:00 to 22:00
National Geographic +1 from 22:00 to 23:00

Rescue Emergency - New series

The extreme dangers faced by fire crews and bystanders during the 1984 IRA bombing of the Grand Hotel in Brighton, which devastated the building throughout.

------------------------------------------------

South Africa should have beaten England by then and it beats watching Man Utd canter to a 7-0 victory over Sheff Utd...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
another channel lost by soddin virgin media,:angry: :angry: i used to like some of the documentaries they had :down:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
surrey jim said:
another channel lost by soddin virgin media,:angry: :angry: i used to like some of the documentaries they had :down:
Since when? I still have crappy Virgin for the time being and I still get it, (230) & +1 (231).

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
ooohhh must watch that.

I remember coming down to Brighton from East Grinstead with a couple of friends was just 17 at the time and walking past the hotel just the night before the bombing happened.

Should be an interesting prog to watch.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I was home alone in bed and heard what sounded like a car backfiring in the distance (I lived in mile oak at the time) when I went to look the next day I walked the full length of the beach from the lagoon and when I finally got to the beach opposite the Grand I could not believe my eyes a sight I will never forget.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews said:
...i think we were away to Oxford the next day, Some twats were throwing apples from the next door gardens, funny what you remember

We were away at Oxford the next day as I remember us singing anti-IRA songs the whole match. Can remember that much but not the score!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
...none of which is supported by the sane majority of people in Ireland. Its the scumbags of society that get involved in the IRA and do shit like that.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
we played blackburn away a few weeks later and i lost count the amount of times i heard this joke while watching the game!
it was the one about the irish gambler who came to brighton and blew a grand!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Trigger said:
Since when? I still have crappy Virgin for the time being and I still get it, (230) & +1 (231).
diamond, thought we'd lost that channel:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here