Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1983 FA Cup final - out on DVD this Monday

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Jusy think if the club were to sell this they woud charge 20 quid for it and pu tit down to lack of demand.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
My copy arrived in the post this morning along with the Star Wars trilogy box set. Am getting ready for argument with Bloke about what to watch this evening!

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
Unfortunately guys, I was there at the reply!! :nono:

I have already have the matches on video, still have the prog and the supplement that The Argus gave out too.

Apart from the loss, I always remember taking a HUGE leak against the wall whilst watching the match. I was only eight but my bladder that day was the equivilent of a zepplin.

I also remember seeing Man U supporters below me. Maybe I should've taken aim a little bit more purposely.

Jameson

Shame the club could not have taken the initiative and done something though. Our most famous moment in history and I assume the club take no profit from this. Sad. :nono:

I have it on video including the build up and homecoming, plus a flash of the goals away to Liverpool in 5th round. I tried to get it copied onto DVD but it didn't work, sadly.

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
Wozza said:
Actually, maybe someone with some graphic design skills could produce an alternative cover and distribute it online?

I am a qualified graphic designer/artworker and if asked, I'd prob put the 1983 team pic on the front cover.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
WHAT A TRAVESTY!!

Got this today. It's the full 90 minutes of the REPLAY, and only 5 mins of footage from the first game. Doesn't even show Gordon Smith's miss.

If I knew I was buying a Manchester United product, I wouldn't have bothered. :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
AIT76 said:
WHAT A TRAVESTY!!

Got this today. It's the full 90 minutes of the REPLAY, and only 5 mins of footage from the first game. Doesn't even show Gordon Smith's miss.

If I knew I was buying a Manchester United product, I wouldn't have bothered. :angry:

I got mine yesterday but haven't watched it yet. I'm glad I have the video as well.

I suppose the cover did give a clue.

Perhaps we should put them on ebay but only one at a time at monthly intervals. I'm sure I could get more than £2.99 for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be interested to know if my recollection that we played some of the best football I've ever seen from a Brighton side, until we went a goal down in the replay, holds true. I have not been able to bring myself to watch it since the day after the replay :(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is nearly the worst thread ever. Could have ended up buying something that was worse than useless. Saved by someone who bought it.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
got it on ebay the other day :clap2:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion played all the football in the reply, got over confident passing the ball around and got hit by a sucker punch, four times.

Ron Atkinson played a cautious game because the Albion were the best team in the first match, until a cynical foul and a spectacular Ray Wilkins goal put United in the lead at the wrong time of the game.

The Albion team had a lot of weaknesses then, notably at full back because we had sold too many players. But the weaker players raised their game for the first match. Probably got caught out for the second game. I can't remember now.

Albion were on the way to victory until the Norman Whitehouse foul.

After Manchester United went 4-0 up they closed the game down. Therefore nullifying their glory for the first trophy for sometime. If they hadn't closed the game down Albion would have got one back and given us something to cheer. Ron Atkinson said "teams have come back from four down before" which did not go down well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here