Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1983 Brighton and Hove Albion F.A cup run

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Most successful season as I recall was under Mike Bailey finished 12th? Got sacked because his players used to pass the ball sideways ..hmmm

I do recall a 2-0 win against Saints at the Dells and we made it to 6th in the table. Albion's highest ever league position if I am correct..

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
What a coincidence that this thread should come up. I was thinking of this today! When Gary Stevens equalized I cried out so loud that I woke my baby nephew, today I visited the maternity ward for the birth of his baby son, maybe I'll be waking him up in May!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
What a coincidence that this thread should come up. I was thinking of this today! When Gary Stevens equalized I cried out so loud that I woke my baby nephew, today I visited the maternity ward for the birth of his baby son, maybe I'll be waking him up in May!

Ha, thats brilliant. Lets hope so

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Play-off final or cup final?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There was one coach I believe.

Bit different to four years previously.

An article in the match programme last season had the number of Albion fans as thirty or so.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
An article in the match programme last season had the number of Albion fans as thirty or so.

it was more than this unless somebody kept moving around a lot , my brother and his pal went and he said the 2nd half was the most one sided game he has ever seen up to this day that the dominant side failed to win

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
it was more than this unless somebody kept moving around a lot , my brother and his pal went and he said the 2nd half was the most one sided game he has ever seen up to this day that the dominant side failed to win

I think they had two goals disallowed, and should have had at least one pen.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wouldn't be lovely if we had Trelford Mills as an Albion legend graphic outside the Amex?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was at Newcastle...a great day, and stress free as pressure was off by halftime
Recall Sunderland fans in with us,wanting desperately for Newcastle to lose....think there was a remote possibility of them getting promoted?

Great journey back....we weren't on the Seagull Special train, rather scheduled train, but still a great craic.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Selling Lawrenson in 81 (albeit for an enormous 900k) remains the key single factor in our decades long slump

Or losing Keith Wickenden of Townsend Thorosen. Money was tight after that.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was at Newcastle...a great day, and stress free as pressure was off by halftime
Recall Sunderland fans in with us,wanting desperately for Newcastle to lose....think there was a remote possibility of them getting promoted?

Great journey back....we weren't on the Seagull Special train, rather scheduled train, but still a great craic.
Wrong 'day at Newcastle', we're talking about the FA Cup replay which was a midweek game. I wasn't there (although I was in 1979) but it was the only game I missed.

Great video, really brought it all back. The semi-final against Sheff Wed is probably my second-favourite Albion awayday of all time (just behind Newcastle in 1979).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here