Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1970's post-prog, non-punk music

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NMH has just reinforced my memories of how awful the music was in that era. With the honourable exception of Dr Feelgood and Ian Dury, a whole list of bands I wouldn't got to see if they were playing in my back garden. It really was a horror period.

No mention of Bob Marley? Oh dear.

[yt]BfTcmt2GbVQ[/yt]

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
there was only one group for me in the early mid 70's (I was born in '67) SPARKS, brought up on them due to shareing a bedroom with a teenage brother, from the early realeases, Halfnelson (71) still my favourite album of all time, through Woofer, the better known Propaganda, Kimono My House and Indiscreet and the realese of the singles This Town Aint Big Enough For The Both Of Us and the beautiful Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth. The 2 albums released in the late 70's (Big Beat and Introducing) didn't enjoy much success although I love listening to them during school holidays that seemed to go on forever (although as a 10 year old in Moulscoombe there wasn't much else to do!) 1979 saw chart sucess when the teamed up with Georgio Morodo (sp?) and released No1 in Heaven and Big Beat. The band are still touring and releasing now and are (almost) as good as ever.

on a change of subject, another underrated album from '79 IMO was Dirk Wears White Sox

Dirk Wears White Sox is an awesome album, and as you say underated - it's was the only reason I could ever remeber the year Kennedy was shot! I gave my No.1 Song In Heaven 12" a whirl during a 70's disco set a short while ago and it went down a storm....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
remove the plastic pop ,the gimmick records and disco and you have a rollickin' decade that still keeps my ears drums dribbling out my ears to this day. Glam rock ,heavy rock and punk rock.what is there not to like????
this???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here