Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Extra Platinum seats clarification

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Without wishing to be controversial - coz that never happens on NSC of course - this 1901 Club stuff does seem to be getting a bit out of proportion - init.

I just wonder how many of the regular 1901 attendees were present at marches, signed petitions etc. etc. and suffered the horrors of withers for sodding years?

There are 4,500 + current STH's and those of former years who seem to have to wait patiently to see what we will get. Now I know some STH's have already joined the 1901 Club but as the majority of the 2 main stands centre sections seem to have been given to Club members, it doesn't really seem to leave much for remaining STH's who would like to enjoy such views.

I sincerely hope ST pricing reflects the benefit the club is getting from all these 'corporates' and it would be nice if the club were a bit more informative than just the latest 'rare' communication as to what is happening for STH's.

I hope they get a move on and make sure the emphasis that was placed on the benefits of being a STH is reflected in their plans.

good post sir.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just wonder how many of the regular 1901 attendees were present at marches, signed petitions etc. etc. and suffered the horrors of withers for sodding years?

All 12 people I know, off the top of my head, that have joined the 1901 club fit the bill above. Some of them even had 10 year and three year season tickets previously

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of the 8 people I know who have signed up for the 1901, 4 are existing STH, 4 are completely new to the Albion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Without wishing to be controversial - coz that never happens on NSC of course - this 1901 Club stuff does seem to be getting a bit out of proportion - init.

There are 4,500 + current STH's and those of former years who seem to have to wait patiently to see what we will get. Now I know some STH's have already joined the 1901 Club but as the majority of the 2 main stands centre sections seem to have been given to Club members, it doesn't really seem to leave much for remaining STH's who would like to enjoy such views.

I sincerely hope ST pricing reflects the benefit the club is getting from all these 'corporates' and it would be nice if the club were a bit more informative than just the latest 'rare' communication as to what is happening for STH's.

I hope they get a move on and make sure the emphasis that was placed on the benefits of being a STH is reflected in their plans.

A very good post. I can add two to the number of 1901ers who broke in, walked out, laid in the road, trecked to Gillingham and campaigned here there and everwhere, for Superwife and I, we are just delighted that we still have a club to support, and joining the 1901 Club is a culmination if you like.

But, I think we should put this into a bit of perspective, we are talking about around 10% of the grounds capacity here which will be taken by the 1901 Club. I can assure you, there are plenty of those who have suffered at Withdean, I can think of at least 20 I know, there are many who travelled to Gillingham, and there are many who stuck it to the bitter end at the Goldstone who will be part of that 10%. We shouldn't start thinking our club is going to be overun by the Gold & Platinum members.

To commit, whether to an Executive Box or to the cheapest season ticket at Falmer, shows a huge amount of support for the club, no-one is going to be spending that sort of money without having a desire or a passion for the Albion. Let’s hope we have a team in the Championship, and a manager who wants to get us further to go with it.

But, I think we should put this into a bit of perspective, we are talking about around 10% of the grounds capacity here which will be taken by the 1901 Club. I can assure you, there are plenty of those who have suffered at Withdean, I can think of at least 20 I know, there are many who travelled to Gillingham, and there are many who stuck it to the bitter end at the Goldstone who will be part of that 10%. We shouldn't start thinking our club is going to be overun by the Gold & Platinum members.

To commit, whether to an Executive Box or to the cheapest season ticket at Falmer, shows a huge amount of support for the club, no-one is going to be spending that sort of money without having a desire or a passion for the Albion, they'll all want the team to do well. Let’s hope we have a team in the Championship, and a manager who wants to get us further to go with it.

And when I am sitting there, with my first prawn sandwich and glass of real ale, if I meet anyone who has never been to Withdean, who didn’t used to support the club before, or who doesn’t know about our recent past, I shall thank them for their time and for coughing up their money and I shall point them in the direction of the club museum.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
And when I am sitting there, with my first prawn sandwich and glass of real ale, if I meet anyone who has never been to Withdean, who didn’t used to support the club before, or who doesn’t know about our recent past, I shall thank them for their time and for coughing up their money and I shall point them in the direction of the club museum.

Spot on SP. If we only had the die hards we would be getting 6 or 7 thousand at Falmer.

Many lapsed fans will re-emerge from the woodwork, as will ex plastics or people that come along just because it will be a quality day out and each and every one of them should be welcome.

The 1901 club will provide the club with an amazing amount of cash over the next 5 years and more, 10s of millions of pounds for Gus to spend and the rest of us to enjoy as we settle into our comfy seats, under a roof, and mix with fellow fans in the bars.

The die hards. or the old guard as i prefer to respectfully call them, will always have the knowledge that they saved the club. And I dont care about the history of the newcommers, as long as they come.

Roll up, roll up, the future is about to begin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here