Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 club

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
ive followed brighton since i was 8, 30 yrs ago, i loved the north stand at the goldstone, hated gillingham and hated withdean but still went, for the last 10 yrs ive been to about 20 away games a season and about 5 at home because i hated withdean, now does that make me a plastic fan? i have paid for two tickets in the 1901 club for me and my old man because ive waited for this my whole life, its nothing about being a snob or anything cos im far from it, its just about being in the ground and giving a little bit back, now im surrounded by corporate people that turn up every now and then but there is a little pocket of 10 of us who stand up scream shout and sing for our lives, i love my seat in the west and slowly im getting everybody around us to learn the songs, remember im still drunk but we are not all prawn sandwich brigade, but there are a lot more hardcore fans in that west stand than people give us credit for, we go in the north stanafter every game so if any one wants to have a beer with us then give me a shout, ps sorry im still pissed

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You're not a plastic fan! Those corporate people are plastic, but you're not!

D

Deleted User X18H

In my experince a lot of 1901 ers those next to and in front of me are massive long term Albion fans. Just like anyone else but in a different part of the Stadium.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I understand your reluctance to go to Withdean regularly, I only went 3 or 4 times a season.

And just like you I did as many, of not more, awaydays. I now find myself a STH in WSU, so in my view you are not a plastic.

By the way, is 1901 worth it? I've been thinking about upgrading in future.
Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
By the way, is 1901 worth it? I've been thinking about upgrading in future.

If they improve the food and service, and bennets field, then yes, without a doubt. One things for sure is, surprisingly, the majority in the 1901 are actually genuine Albion fans!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course you are not plastic. You are only like so many of us who preferred to watch Albion away than at Withdean. I lived elsewhere for 14 years and away games were more easy. When I moved back, I didn't go more than a few times a year, for one, bringing my kids up properly to support the Albion, that whole experience was terrible in the old family stand. Now we have a stadium in which the kids (and adults!) can actually see the game,a team to match the surroundings and a top notchmanagement team. Happy days.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
ive followed brighton since i was 8, 30 yrs ago, i loved the north stand at the goldstone, hated gillingham and hated withdean but still went, for the last 10 yrs ive been to about 20 away games a season and about 5 at home because i hated withdean, now does that make me a plastic fan? i have paid for two tickets in the 1901 club for me and my old man because ive waited for this my whole life, its nothing about being a snob or anything cos im far from it, its just about being in the ground and giving a little bit back, now im surrounded by corporate people that turn up every now and then but there is a little pocket of 10 of us who stand up scream shout and sing for our lives, i love my seat in the west and slowly im getting everybody around us to learn the songs, remember im still drunk but we are not all prawn sandwich brigade, but there are a lot more hardcore fans in that west stand than people give us credit for, we go in the north stanafter every game so if any one wants to have a beer with us then give me a shout, ps sorry im still pissed

Hey if that's what you have chosen to do,then fair enough. You will be there through thick and thin by the sounds of it, so in no way are you plastic. I am probably more plastic than you, as I only done one season at Gillingham, and a handful of games at Withdean per season. I'll admit to be totally demoralised during the Withdean years. But after 35 years of supporting the Albion, the Amex has certainly brought me back and got me excited all over again. The way the team are playing is the icing on the top of the cake.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No it doesnt make you a plastic or JCL or anything like that.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm 1901 club...been Albion since 1958,saw every game at Gillingham and Withdean..bar one...Oldham game when we won 3 -0,was in hospital but took my radio with me,there are plenty of Albion fans in the 1901,but alas a few plastics as well who come back 10 minutes after the second half has started...so it is a mixture but most are old hands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
By the way, is 1901 worth it? I've been thinking about upgrading in future..

I think that there is now a waitlist and as it is on a 5 year contract opportunities to upgrade may be few and far between.

Definitely worth it at the moment though with all home Cup matches being included and prebooked in your own seat !!:smile:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Almost all the Odds and Sods not only been going for ages but running buses to away games and generally putting money into the club during those years. Their money plus Dicks and Fatboys Slims and others BB (Before Bloom) ensured we have good times to enjoy now. Make the most of it and enjoy! You can always wash the prawn sandwich down with a Harveys if it makes you feel better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here