Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 club smart cards

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any idea why we will need lanyards??

You'll need to show your 'pass' when going in and out of the 1901 bars and areas, so a handy lanyard is provided :shrug:

It's the norm these days, at any events where any level of VIP/Corporate/access restrictions may apply.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I'm sure that the paperwork that accompanied the contract stated that it was smart casual dress but that only away colours shouldn't be worn. As for priority for non football events I was told the same at the presentation and surely if we own the seat that automatically gives us the priority.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm sure that the paperwork that accompanied the contract stated that it was smart casual dress but that only away colours shouldn't be worn. As for priority for non football events I was told the same at the presentation and surely if we own the seat that automatically gives us the priority.

It was always my understanding that we would get priority for ALL events at the stadium - otherwise what was the point of shelling out £1000 to 'own' the seat. The fact the Sussex Senior Cup Final goes back on this isn't a major issue for me but if that same policy extends to concerts I'll be very hacked off.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Few points of fact from the terms:

ONLY away shirts are banned from 1901 as per the t&cs. No mention of home shirt ban.
If they started to turn away members for wearing stripes I for one will protest, I'm sure many others will too.
I have no idea what a lanyard is, please help!
You must have a ticket to go on Sunday. I'm taking my son but only with his own ticket.

Oct 6, 2010

ONLY away shirts are banned from 1901 as per the t&cs. No mention of home shirt ban.
If they started to turn away members for wearing stripes I for one will protest, I'm sure many others will too.

Me for one. Thanks for bothering to look up t's n c's!
Funny thing is, I don't usually wear my shirt to home games anyway. It's the principle!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I have no idea what a lanyard is, please help!
You must have a ticket to go on Sunday. I'm taking my son but only with his own ticket.

Lanyard :thumbsup:
su6991-bmw-sauber-f1-team-lanyard-ticket-holder.jpg

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It was always my understanding that we would get priority for ALL events at the stadium - otherwise what was the point of shelling out £1000 to 'own' the seat. The fact the Sussex Senior Cup Final goes back on this isn't a major issue for me but if that same policy extends to concerts I'll be very hacked off.

Almost right...it's ALL events involving the First team. That is why the SSC Final and concert tickets are a seperate are different issue. .Although for concerts I think you are entitled to your own seat after purchasing your ticket for that event.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In the club shop yesterday they had some 1901 polo shirts, I guess you'll have to wear one of these.

That really frightens me as not the club are trying to control merchandise through what you wear in the 1901 club.

Next the 1901 club will have to buy a uniform just like school

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Almost right...it's ALL events involving the First team. That is why the SSC Final and concert tickets are a seperate are different issue. .Although for concerts I think you are entitled to your own seat after purchasing your ticket for that event.

That's not priority though as the cost of the dd includes all 1st team matches, so is not an issue. I, too, was definitely told we would get 1st option to book events in our own seats regardless of what was on offer, should we choose.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That really frightens me as not the club are trying to control merchandise through what you wear in the 1901 club.

You can just say no :rolleyes:

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
You'll need to show your 'pass' when going in and out of the 1901 bars and areas, so a handy lanyard is provided :shrug:

It's the norm these days, at any events where any level of VIP/Corporate/access restrictions may apply.

Will my Glastonbury one work?

D

Deleted User X18H

Might get one in the 1901 welcome pack. You never know! You never know when you might get it (the pack)either.

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
This is what I said above. The rule may be there, but members can bring about rule changes if a sizeable movement is formed. Personally I wouldn't wear one but I believe others should have a free choice.

Agreed, having said that I have just got home to find my commemorative shirt waiting for me, I shall be wearing that to the 1901 club open day on Sunday befor eoing to BH to watch the match. Let's see if anyone objects.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Agreed, having said that I have just got home to find my commemorative shirt waiting for me, I shall be wearing that to the 1901 club open day on Sunday befor eoing to BH to watch the match. Let's see if anyone objects.

I can't blame you! If they challenge you, just ask them where the licence agreement states that you can't!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was told a lot of things at my presentation which did not materialise: trainers were allowed (this was indirect though, I wore trainers to my presentation and asked if my attire was suitable for 1901), priority for glamour away ties and non-Albion events, one year payment holiday/break from the seat was an option. Hey ho.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Most there when I went on Sunday were on the scruffy side of smart casual so I'd say the smart casual is out the window already tbh. What are the club gonna do, turn away fans in their droves?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Scruffy smart casual is the approach I am taking.

Bottom line is it is a football match, not flippin Royal Ascot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here