Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Catering PRAISE!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Wilted" spinach is just another poncy chef-ism, isn't it, like "hand cooked" (isn't all cooked food hand cooked? How else does it get in the oven?), and terms like "reduction" and "jus" instead of "sauce".

Jan 30, 2008
It's an order in advance table d'Hote.

STARTER
Smoked bacon, leek & gruyere tart, mixed leaves, oven dried tomatoes Butternut squash,
leek & gruyere tart, mixed leaves, oven dried tomatoes (v) _____
MAIN
Braised beef with borguignon garnish, chive creamed potatoes, roasted root vegetables & a rich jus
Salmon & dill fishcake, wilted spinach, caper butter sauce
Wild mushroom risotto cake, wilted spinach, roasted root veg, brandy & porcini cream (v) _____
DESSERT
Vanilla pannacotta, spiced fruit compote Tea and coffee served with petit fours
_____
HALF-TIME
Filter coffee and a selection of flavoured tea Selection of miniature cakes
_____
FULL-TIME
Piglets lamb hot pot pie
Filter coffee and a selection of flavoured tea

Excellent.
hot drinks out of a flask still ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It seems odd to criticise for appointing a company he has worked with in the past who I assume he knows do a good job. I do that all the time. If I know someone has done a good job for me in the past I will use them again in the future. It is the way it works.

Me too, I use the same serving kiosk for every game when I'm in my home seat. Familiarity is comfortable. We can all agree Azure weren't doing a good job and if Barber can find a company who can offer a better service, then he's done the right thing. It's much easier to keep your current clients than source new ones all the time. He's a smart man.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Me too, I use the same serving kiosk for every game when I'm in my home seat. Familiarity is comfortable. We can all agree Azure weren't doing a good job and if Barber can find a company who can offer a better service, then he's done the right thing. It's much easier to keep your current clients than source new ones all the time. He's a smart man.

Only because they also cater at some racecourses and other stadiums, and I know from those places, that they are not that good and a manager of a certain place was shocked and even laughed at their appointment, what I was getting at is, of course they will throw staff and improve everything, it was the first proper game, all I'm saying is, I hope it continues, just think once they have their foot in the door, I don't think they will

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Only because they also cater at some racecourses and other stadiums, and I know from those places, that they are not that good and a manager of a certain place was shocked and even laughed at their appointment, what I was getting at is, of course they will throw staff and improve everything, it was the first proper game, all I'm saying is, I hope it continues, just think once they have their foot in the door, I don't think they will

Every company has its detractors though, and every one of them has its supporters too. If Barber thinks Lindleys do a good job at Tottenham and are in a position to improve that aspect of the Amex experience, then he's spot on to appoint them. Azure might be a very good catering firm, but it didn't work out here for them. Like a player who just never settled and was never loved, but flourishes somewhere else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here