Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 19 Years Ago Today

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone here go to the Hove Town Hall unveiling of the Falmer stadium plans by DK/Perry, one evening 20 years ago (ish)?

A colleague of mine went, he was taken aback by the huge numbers that made it. We felt it was a sign of the proverbial 'sleeping giant',
Yes.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Did anyone here go to the Hove Town Hall unveiling of the Falmer stadium plans by DK/Perry, one evening 20 years ago (ish)?

A colleague of mine went, he was taken aback by the huge numbers that made it. We felt it was a sign of the proverbial 'sleeping giant',
If it's the one im thinking of I was there. Wasn't Micky Adams paraded in support or was that another meeting - there were so many?

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Yep, myself, partner and my two boys. Was only talking about the March a few days ago. Really didn’t realise it was that long ago

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No mention of Adams there. Maybe it was a dream or perhaps it was the Yes Yes referendum thing I'm thinking of.
He turned up at the Labour party march when Mark McGhee was the manager. I think we did two LibDem and two Labour marches.
@Jim in the West might know.

May 21, 2023
I was there - remember a Kent policeman bussed in to police the conference tried to get us to move on. A mature lady next to me took him to task and he rapidly backed away and left us to it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yep had these two out earning their keep.
1000001120.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was there - remember a Kent policeman bussed in to police the conference tried to get us to move on. A mature lady next to me took him to task and he rapidly backed away and left us to it.
On one of the marches, a police officer lent DK the mic in his police car so that DK could ask the marchers to disperse. DK took the mic - and proceeded to make a lengthy impassioned speech on why the club needed Falmer! :lolol: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here