Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
QUOTE=Arthur;4722499]Wow, loads of you have bitten on this thread!

Top :fishing: [MENTION=2892]Croydonbloke[/MENTION][/QUOTE]:cool:It was at times!! :thumbsup:The excuses were top drawer for 2500 missing fans. :D

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Wow, loads of you have bitten on this thread!

Top :fishing:

Who cares? still a decent sized crowd, and a sellout, for a Valentines Day match with the thought of Millwall putting off some families :cheers: :guitar:

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll take bets on how many posts until he, realising he is losing, says:

"I was only fishing! Got you all! etc"

"fishing" = used as a get out clause by people who are getting destroyed in an argument.

Wow, loads of you have bitten on this thread!

Top :fishing: [MENTION=2892]Croydonbloke[/MENTION]

QUOTE=Arthur;4722499]Wow, loads of you have bitten on this thread!

Top :fishing: [MENTION=2892]Croydonbloke[/MENTION]
:cool:It was at times!! :thumbsup:The excuses were top drawer for 2500 missing fans. :D[/QUOTE]

Aaahahahahahahahahaha brilliant! You couldn't write it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When Gordon Brown got humiliat in the last election, why didn't he just say "Haha! Got you all! I was fishing you idiots!"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair it is like shooting fish in a barrel with allot of folk on here.

Keep on trucking though, it keeps me amused at least!

I don't think you understand fishing. Fishing is where someone posts something that they themselves don't believe, to see how many "fall for it". Croydonbloke posted some facts, trying to rile up a few BHA fans. He then got absolutely DESTROYED by an avalanche of facts coming his way.

Surprise, surprise "I'm fishing, you all fell for it!"

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
[/QUOTE]

Just out of shot is Wilfried Zaha falling to the ground as this gorgeous , but chunky legged, Crystal Girl trips him for another Palace penalty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just out of shot is Wilfried Zaha falling to the ground as this gorgeous , but chunky legged, Crystal Girl trips him for another Palace penalty.

About 30 yards out of shot, if it was similar to the Buckley-Zaha "penalty".

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don't think you understand fishing. Fishing is where someone posts something that they themselves don't believe, to see how many "fall for it". Croydonbloke posted some facts, trying to rile up a few BHA fans. He then got absolutely DESTROYED by an avalanche of facts coming his way.

Surprise, surprise "I'm fishing, you all fell for it!"

Well that is news to me, I always thought fishing was someone trying to get a response....which he got......from allot of you! By his response to me I'm assuming that was his take on it too. Perhaps we're both wrong?!?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As a matter of interest how many Palace fans went on Tuesday night to Ashton Gate ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well that is news to me, I always thought fishing was someone trying to get a response....which he got......from allot of you! By his response to me I'm assuming that was his take on it too. Perhaps we're both wrong?!?

See above: Obviously when someone is getting "owned" online, they will say "I was fishing".

Do you honestly think, if people had backed down and said "Actually, Croydonbloke, you've got a point", he would then have said "I was fishing!" Course he wouldn't.

It's the comeback of the sore loser. He was trying to make a point about us having 2,500 empty seats despite always selling out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
See above: Obviously when someone is getting "owned" online, they will say "I was fishing".

Do you honestly think, if people had backed down and said "Actually, Croydonbloke, you've got a point", he would then have said "I was fishing!" Course he wouldn't.

It's the comeback of the sore loser. He was trying to make a point about us having 2,500 empty seats despite always selling out.

No of course he wouldn't but that wouldn't happen would it. Why would you come on here slating our attendance when it's several thousand more than their average this season? The bloke is clearly not an idiot (despite his team choice) he would have known exactly what the response was going to be. He was looking for a rise just to wind you lot up and he got it.

Quite frankly though arguing over how many paying customers you get through the gate is one of the many embarrassing quirks of this site and is about as pointless as ironing socks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here