Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

17.9 million BBC v 3.8 million ITV WC Final

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I watched it on ITV

I thought with significantly less people, I wouldn't have to leave my sofa 5mins early to avoid the rush.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've gone full circle on Crooks (not a euphamism). I used to loathe his self importance but I now just find it funny.

Same here. And Lawro. I'd slate both if they were on ITV but they are both becoming BBC institutions. I love Crooks' lengthy pompous questions.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I watched it on ITV, though switched to beeb for the lineker etc.

why?

Mark Lawrenson is a f***ing useless **** and annoys the f*** out of me...and relax :flounce:

Press the red button and change the audio to fivelive then. Another advantage of the bbc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Press the red button and change the audio to fivelive then. Another advantage of the bbc.

I thought of doing this as well, but isn't the radio commentry a couple of seconds ahead of the TV coverage ? Or does it all get synched through the tellybox when you red button it ?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Watched the game with my dad and we decided to watch ITV as we prefer Townsend and Southgate to Hansen, Lawrence & co. Although Liniker is better than Childs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Watched the game with my dad and we decided to watch ITV as we prefer Townsend and Southgate to Hansen, Lawrence & co. Although Liniker is better than Childs.

I'm the opposite.

I'd prefer to watch Chiles over Lineker and his golfing buddies, however ITV's entire team other than Chiles are profoundly inane and irritating, whereas I can put up with the BBC's commentators and just about endure Hansen and Lawrenson.

How Andy Townsend ever got a presenting job is WAY beyond the boundaries of my imagination.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Good god really, Andy Townsend is quite possibly the worst 'pundit' ever to be on tele. Southgate is good but anything with Townsend should not be watched

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I went for ITV on the basis that the BBC commentator and Lawrenson wound me up no end when they did England-Slovenia.

I actually found Craig Burley a pretty decent co-commentator, Tiddly's OK, Chiles and Southgate good but Townsend piss-poor.

The thing about the Beeb is Shearer. He's a shit pundit and not very bright either.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Sky cover so many sports that I fail to see how there can be any comparisons drawn really between the channels on general sporting coverage.
I think the BBC should have a dedicated sports channel and maybe they can cover some of the other sports that they have sadly neglected in recent years.

Or maybe they could just carry on making more and more costume dramas that nobody watches anymore .

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I thought of doing this as well, but isn't the radio commentry a couple of seconds ahead of the TV coverage ? Or does it all get synched through the tellybox when you red button it ?

Yeah it was all synced up to the video feed.

Sky cover so many sports that I fail to see how there can be any comparisons drawn really between the channels on general sporting coverage.
I think the BBC should have a dedicated sports channel and maybe they can cover some of the other sports that they have sadly neglected in recent years.

Or maybe they could just carry on making more and more costume dramas that nobody watches anymore .

Merge bbc three and four, job done :thumbsup:. If they got some rights to the league games it would be class.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
3.8 MILLION? That is more than I expected...

that's 3 million who didn't know it was on both channels, and .8 million who don't like the BBC team.

Does they still get those stats from boxes in a select few living rooms then times it by 100'00? Still have never met anyone who had a box or told anyone what they've been watching

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I went for ITV on the basis that the BBC commentator and Lawrenson wound me up no end when they did England-Slovenia.

I actually found Craig Burley a pretty decent co-commentator, Tiddly's OK, Chiles and Southgate good but Townsend piss-poor.

The thing about the Beeb is Shearer. He's a shit pundit and not very bright either.

I'm just wondering how ITV feel having poached that thug Chiles and offered him a huge wad to be broadcasting on the biggest night of football for 4 years,to about 15% of the population !

As for Townsend, he works for Talksport and is probably the best of all their presenters... which says a lot ...

Last edited:

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
The BBC are shite sending all those freeloaders to the world cup, all because they do f*** all for the money. When they start sharing the 'TV tax' money with other stations they can bleat about how great they are, the pricks on the sofa are all 'company' men, boring as f***.
I watched on ITV mainly because I hate the BBC and their puritanical aren't we f***ing wonderful matra (take away the £2 billion a year tax and see how many would pay for most of the shite they put on, was a crap game anyway, club football rules always.:tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here