Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16k Season tickets sold by end of this week according to Ken Brown

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wasn't this posted several days ago? Fixtures applies.

i think the sales have stalled or slowed substantially. not surprising really, always thought STH +3 would cover vast majority of interest.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh dear, potential binfest alert

Comments(2)

albionite, says...
3:10pm Fri 8 Apr 11

There is obviously a lot of talk among fans at the moment about the Sussex Senior Cup final being the first game at the Amex, the fact that the Albion will probably be in that final, the number of seats available (10,000), and the way the tickets would be allocated should Brighton be in the final. As the Sussex Senior Cup final will be the last game of the Sussex F.A.'s 2010/2011 season surely the obvious way to allocate Albions allocation of tickets should they be in the final would surely be to offer them in the first instance to current 2010/2011 season ticket holders.

Report this post »    Register/Sign In »

harrys1, brighton says...
4:07pm Fri 8 Apr 11

HERE-HERE

Last edited:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This "Ive been a season ticket holder at Withdean for x amount of years" is getting boring.

And no im not a JCL

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This "Ive been a season ticket holder at Withdean for x amount of years" is getting boring.

And no im not a JCL

It got boring YEARS ago, but it won't go away anytime soon. 16,000 STHs is amazing, but wait until we get a tasty FAC 3rd Round tie away to a Premiership team. Out 3,500 or so allocation won't go far amongst 16,000 STHs and we'll get all the bleating all over again.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It got boring YEARS ago, but it won't go away anytime soon. 16,000 STHs is amazing, but wait until we get a tasty FAC 3rd Round tie away to a Premiership team. Out 3,500 or so allocation won't go far amongst 16,000 STHs and we'll get all the bleating all over again.

PSL better get PRIORITY.

Feb 14, 2010
No idea why some people are surprised because before the decline of the late 80s and asset stripping of the 90s, Brighton had a big support. At one point they were the 12th best supported club in the country and regularly got more than Norwich, and look at them now, they have over 20K season tickets. In 5 years time Brighton will again be around the 12th best supported club n the country, and maybe even higher. Bloom saw the potential because he also remembered the big crowds. Selling out a 22K stadium is only the start.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No idea why some people are surprised because before the decline of the late 80s and asset stripping of the 90s, Brighton had a big support. At one point they were the 12th best supported club in the country and regularly got more than Norwich, and look at them now, they have over 20K season tickets. In 5 years time Brighton will again be around the 12th best supported club n the country, and maybe even higher. Bloom saw the potential because he also remembered the big crowds. Selling out a 22K stadium is only the start.

Believe. Chris Cattlin once said that we have the potential to be one of 'the big nine' (biggest clubs in the country) and who are we to argue? As Ashford and Simpson once sung "Our support is solid, solid as Chris Cattlin's Rock...."

How true. I recall a mid week game I attended mid '80's - think it was a "nothing" game near the end of the season, can't remember the opponents. I remember being surprised that the crowd was "only" 12000! We were a "big" club once (although I hate the connations of that) and I am sure we can be again, I hope that we retain a "big" heart.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Just listened to the recent Podcast, and apparently the Amex is more Premier league compliant than Old Trafford! :lol:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

I'm not surprised, because as you say, history shows that when the club is perceived to be 'going places', it can draw big crowds.

What is still unproven is for how long we can maintain that level of interest. Even when we were in the top flight our crowds dipped dramatically when it became clear that, at that level, it was always going to be a case of protecting our status rather than building upon it.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope you're proved right but the real test will be whether we're still drawing 20,000+ crowds in ten years time, not whether we manage to fill The AMEX in Year 1.

Feb 14, 2010
They actually dipped because it was the 80s and all crowds dipped because of trouble. Chelsea could get 12K at home at the time. The small club mentality of a few negative people is odd. As I say, the club had the 12th best support in the country at one point, were nicknames the "chelsea of the south coast" and got much bigger crowds than the likes of Norwich - and even they get 20K season tickets these days. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee, 22K is just the start, just ask Bloom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here