Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15 November - Police & Crime Commissioner Polling Day...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The former Royal Military Policeman also wants to introduce uniformed police volunteers to patrol communities but without the power to make arrests.

thats a great idea. we could call them Community Officers or Watchers or somthing.

this is why police commisioners are pointless. they will all offer the same basic policy - reduce crime and anti-social behaviour, increase detection rates. their power will be diluted by budget and professional advice of how everything will go tits up if they tweek things too much. we'll have lots of publicity grabbing "inititives", just driven at a local instead of national level, and presumably diverting police attention from meat and drink job while spending police funds on publicity.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
My vote would be for Godfrey Daniel. As he's already on Sussex Police Authority he should have a better idea and be less disruptive than some others, and hopefully it would be less political (he just happens to be Labour which I don't think is a bad thing necessarily).

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Sussex businessman Matt Taylor is representing his one-man SOS Party, which is seeking to target police corruption and bring more transparency to the service.

The former Royal Military Policeman also wants to introduce uniformed police volunteers to patrol communities but without the power to make arrests.

Mr Taylor lives in Brighton.

We already have CSO's and SPC's. What is the point? Is this crackpot proposing we have some kind of unpaid vigilante force akin to the guardian angels in New York or something?

The whole concept of having a Political Police Commissioner is a dangerous move in my opinion. Its a horrible Americanised type idea. Its going to attract the worst kind of career Politician I suspect?

Its just the kind of job somebody like Bellotti would go for. :ohmy: 'Commissioner Bellotti of the Somerset County PD' ? Its the stuff of nightmares........

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
We already have CSO's and SPC's. What is the point? Is this crackpot proposing we have some kind of unpaid vigilante force akin to the guardian angels in New York or something?

As previously mentioned he's BNP and presumably what he is suggesting is a 'Meathead Army' similar to that the BNP/EDL/etc mustered in Eltham the night after the main London riots last summer. Ostensibly there to protect the 'community' they got drunk and pissed in the street, and when they couldn't find any 'rioters' decided to march on Lewisham intimidating any non-whites they encountered en route when not fighting amongst themselves. The Police swiftly dispersed the fuckbugles (tip: don't try marching on the place with Europe's biggest police station, yeah?). I'm sure this policy would go down a treat in Sussex towns and villages. The eejit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My vote is for Katy Bourne , great leader and albion supporter. PCC for Sussex. your CEO

Is she really an Albion supporter or are you just saying that to try and win votes? You obviously have some kind of interest given that you registered on here solely to comment on this and start a whole new thread about her.

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012
Have you heard the latest?

Katy Bourne promises to refund PCSO's their Council Tax.....

Is it just me or:
1. As elected PCC she hasn't got the power to refund anyone's Council Tax (unless she'll pay it out of her £85,000 a year wage)
2. Why shouldn't the nurses, police officers, teachers, bin men, get the same rewards? Aren't their contributions to society any less?

With promises like this, SUSSEX NEEDS KATY BOURNE LIKE A HOLE IN THE HEAD...

With under 2 weeks to vote, its time to get informed.

For more information about the candidates, may I suggest your members read Scrapper Duncan's interviews with the leading candidates at How good are the leading candidates for Sussex Police Crime Commissioner? | Scrapper Duncan

I have also written my expert opinion about the candidates which can be read at About Matt Taylor: My Expert Opinion of the Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner Candidates

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Is it just me or:
1. As elected PCC she hasn't got the power to refund anyone's Council Tax (unless she'll pay it out of her £85,000 a year wage)
2. Why shouldn't the nurses, police officers, teachers, bin men, get the same rewards? Aren't their contributions to society any less?

For more information about the candidates, may I suggest your members read Scrapper Duncan's interviews with the leading candidates at How good are the leading candidates for Sussex Police Crime Commissioner? | Scrapper Duncan

I have also written my expert opinion about the candidates which can be read at About Matt Taylor: My Expert Opinion of the Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner Candidates

Oh good another nutter !!!! Why don't you Mr Taylor and that silly bint Katy just hire a room and slug it out and leave NSC alone ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Is it just me or:

Actually, in all honesty, thank you for that. Although having read it I am very depressed as, leaving aside the fact that I don't like the idea of our police being run by a political commissar, I can't vote for any of them as I have never come across a bigger bunch of barking mad losers in all my life.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

no, we need astroturf posters like a hole in the head. if you want big up your man, have the decency to just say so, he's great and will save the world, rather than petty little attacks on the opposition.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Nice to have a bit of democracy in the police force i think, could be good in some areas but not bothered over here

Camicus

Is she really an Albion supporter or are you just saying that to try and win votes? You obviously have some kind of interest given that you registered on here solely to comment on this and start a whole new thread about her.
I think hes on lurrrrrve and he wants a girlfriend coz hes a lonely old tory twunt

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Dont come whinging when you get burgled then!!

Ha ha - what exactly can any of the candidates do to stop us being burgled ? Good technique in trying to get people to vote for Katy by insulting us !

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dont come whinging when you get burgled then!!
How will voting in the PCC election stop us from being burgled?

(Note to normal NSC members: Have you noticed that all the people who are trying to get us to vote have come out with the most ridiculous arguments? Ridiculous arguments, ridiculous candidates, ridiculous election. At least it's consistent.)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I shan't be voting and I have to walk right past the polling station to get to work.

Hopefully the turnout will be so dismal that the whole concept of PCCs and the PCCs themselves will have absolutely no legitimacy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Politicising the Police like this is a stupid idea and I will not be supporting it.

I am all for voting for local politics, but the police should never be under the rule of a politician.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here