Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 Luton/Watford 'fans' jailed...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fourteen hooligans have been jailed for their part in violence which marred a Worthington Cup match last year.

The 14 men, aged between 22 and 39, were jailed at Luton Crown Court for between seven and 15 months for their part in the trouble before the Watford and Luton Town match at Vicarage Road on September 9, 2002. They had all pleaded guilty to the charges.

Running battles were fought between rival supporters on the pitch when about 50 Luton fans jumped advertising hoarding at the away end prior to kick-off, which was delayed by 15 minutes.

One supporter was taken to Watford General Hospital with a head wound after the skirmishes and two arrests were made.

At one point a supporter was seen taking a corner flag and brandish it like a weapon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope they put them all in the same cell and let them rip each other to shit. Can do without scum like that coming out again.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
i was at that match, with a watford supporting mate. there had been trouble before the game at the station and in town, so it was obviously going to kick off in the ground, given half a chance. we got into the ground early, cos most of the pubs were shut, and there were already hundreds of fans in the ground, but only a handful of student-stewards and hardly a copper to be seen.

now, i'm not saying that is an excuse to run on the pitch and kick the crap out of each other, but surely watford should have to take some responsibility for the lack of crowd control?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If that was the case i think watford should take all the blame because this would happen at all high profile games if the policing wasn't up to it.These blokes are scum but they are no worse than many many others in this sorry past time of fighting at football matches.If there wasn't loads of police and stewards and netting this would have happened at Selhurst Park last year i fear.

bha00

Banned
Sep 24, 2003
if these people want to fight each other let em but i should be inside a ground.

I for one think their are to many police at football games now adays which cause more violence with the police.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
These sort of things (albeit fairly rare) put people off going to games.

My neighbour won't take his 7 year old because of the language and potential for trouble. I've tried to pursuade him to take him occasionally as trouble is pretty infrequent at the Albion - but if this sort of thing happens across the country, think how much clubs like the Albion will lose in revenue from the future fans.

I for one welcome the decent sentences those idiots got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here