Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12th favourite to win the FA Cup

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If we make the semis I'm not bothering with Wembley again. Terrible stadium.

I'll happily watch it down the pub.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Presumably these odds are essentially an order of how strongly the bookies rate the Premier League teams?

We are also the 12th best rated team based on relegation odds.

It would be a calculation of that metric, PLUS the difficulty presented by the 3rd round draw they've been handed.

I'd imagine for example that Everton's odds of winning it, are considerably higher than 12/1, despite them being rated significantly higher than us, given they'll most likely bow out to Liverpool at the first hurdle.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
what would be good about winning the FA Cup now

would be born & bred Lewis Dunk lifting the trophy

a story that would go down in folklore

imagine NSC in 50 years time

how many would say,'I was there'

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I’m in the let’s try and win everything we enter camp. Let’s do it, let’s make the Albion great

I’ll go with that! In two years time we’ll be playing Estudiantes or Boca Juniors in the World Club Championship Final (or whatever it’s called) in downtown Abu Dhabi. Southern will be running extra trains to el Bar-nham where all trains terminate and a replacement bus service will be provided. Piglets camel pie with palm leaves will be the special offering for the occasion, and Harvey’s will be providing non-alcoholic Dish Dash bitter - an oasis of taste!

Right, I’m off now to meet Gordon of Khartoum and some geezer called the Mahdi. :drink:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I’ll go with that! In two years time we’ll be playing Estudiantes or Boca Juniors in the World Club Championship Final (or whatever it’s called) in downtown Abu Dhabi. Southern will be running extra trains to el Bar-nham where all trains terminate and a replacement bus service will be provided. Piglets camel pie with palm leaves will be the special offering for the occasion, and Harvey’s will be providing non-alcoholic Dish Dash bitter - an oasis of taste!

Right, I’m off now to meet Gordon of Khartoum and some geezer called the Mahdi. :drink:
:rave::drink:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It would be a calculation of that metric, PLUS the difficulty presented by the 3rd round draw they've been handed.

I'd imagine for example that Everton's odds of winning it, are considerably higher than 12/1, despite them being rated significantly higher than us, given they'll most likely bow out to Liverpool at the first hurdle.
Yes. Good point. Seems the mix of tougher/easier draws has had the overall effect of putting our FA Cup ranking around the same level as our league ranking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here