Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 12 year old boy arrested for racist abuse of Wilf

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It came from the low level racism that existed, even in me. We never discussed the 'inferiority' of black people because there were none in Portslade in the 60s and 70s. I never spoke to one till I was 17. There was nobody and nothing to challenge casual idle racist thoughts. I wrote that in my book and promptly forgot all about it becused it was of no more interest to me then than the manufacture of cheese.

There were black and Asian people in Portslade in 1964, working at Metal Box. A Ghanian couple and a lady from Mumbai came to our house for Christmas dinner,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There were black and Asian people in Portslade in 1964, working at Metal Box. A Ghanian couple and a lady from Mumbai came to our house for Christmas dinner,

I must have missed them.....

But you take my point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I must have missed them.....

But you take my point.

I do and was sorry to be pedantic but you can imagine the effect on me as a teenager, that nobody should be on their own on Christmas Day. They turned up in their national costumes. The Indian lady was a Christian and we went to her wedding the next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Usual lynch-mob types and 'trial by facebook'.....really not difficult to track people down if they are using social media. I saw a couple of threads where people had posted pictures of him, added comments such as 'yeah that's him, he's in my class' etc...............

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do and was sorry to be pedantic but you can imagine the effect on me as a teenager, that nobody should be on their own on Christmas Day. They turned up in their national costumes. The Indian lady was a Christian and we went to her wedding the next year.

No worries!

Indeed. Sounds brilliant.

Very innocent times, then, for those of us lucky to lead simple lives with decent parents. That, sadly, wasn't the case for eveyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The point I’m making is his name shouldn’t be released because of his age , the top 5 articles don’t show his name.

So are we talking dark web or dodgy social media spec?

I know his name shouldn’t be released, but this hasn’t stopped numerous people naming him. I do actually feel for the 12 year old here; no matter how he chooses to move on from this incident it will probably always be out there to come back and haunt him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I got a phone call many tears ago whilst in a lovely restaurant down The V & A Waterfront in Capetown to tell me my mother had just died, pretty unexpectedly...I couldnt stay in the restaurant but went outside sobbing my heart out..... 30 or 40 people gave me a wide birth until this wonder Zulu women in such a beautiful dress and headgear practically hauled me up asked what had happened and held me and cuddled me like she was my mother. I cried like never before and she just carried hugging me and patting my head like a young child.

I. Not sure what this thread is about now but never does a couple of days goes by without me thinking of that time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I got a phone call many tears ago whilst in a lovely restaurant down The V & A Waterfront in Capetown to tell me my mother had just died, pretty unexpectedly...I couldnt stay in the restaurant but went outside sobbing my heart out..... 30 or 40 people gave me a wide birth until this wonder Zulu women in such a beautiful dress and headgear practically hauled me up asked what had happened and held me and cuddled me like she was my mother. I cried like never before and she just carried hugging me and patting my head like a young child.

I. Not sure what this thread is about now but never does a couple of days goes by without me thinking of that time.

Love and compassion have no colour bar.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Would you have the saying the same about a young Moslem lad, posting ISIS propaganda to Lee Rigbys relatives? Or the young aAsian girl who ran off to a Syria after being groomed on line by ISIS?

Behave. Silly whatifery.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not whataboutery at all. I’m asking if you think , because of the offenders age they should all be punished with just a telling off from a stern copper.

A stern telling off from any copper will do. The copper doesn’t need to be stern.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because the post the quote replies to is not included. You’re welcome to read back through the trash comments to see what a satirical genius I am. The proof is in those who object.

Ok here’s the full quote:

Exactly. Spot on. Over reaction on here. Get the Met to hold the little n****r hater In a throat lock before a gentle box round the ears.

Evidently people here don’t get your “satirical genius”. I just see an ugly racist comment mixed with a casual reference to violence against a child.

You think the N word is funny? Care to explain the joke?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here