Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 pints but it's the dodgy cheese roll that made me feel rough

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sleep,time,fingers down the throat,speed,cocaine,red bull,sex............all in that order

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A sailor who used to visit one of my pubs always swore on a mega fry up for breakfast if he kept it down he was ok if not he had nothing else during the day except water for the next 24 hours.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
Oddly enough, I find ice cold Pepsi Max to be a great cure. Must be drunk from the can though and ICE cold

This!
I didn't think anyone else did the same.

Failing that loads of water helps.
a bath.
you smell.
and alcohol dehydrates you I believe so water seems logical

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Porridge if you can face it. Works for me.

Anything I feel like I want, loads of toast, bacon roll etc.. simply makes me feel worse a few hours later. Generally eating with a hangover makes me feel worse, which seems to go against the experience of most people. If I can manage anything it's yogurt.

I get a hangover after a couple of pints ! - although it takes much more than that to get me drunk. I always wondered whether there is a connection. I see these people get hammered but are quite fine the next day. Me - sober as a judge, but feel horrendous in the morning.

The very few occasions I can drink 4 plus, then I'm not getting up the next day. I simply wouldn't wake up till 12, irrespective of how sober I crawl into bed.

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
flat coke works for me. Anything fizzy and i will throw up soon after, felling sick with a hangover is hard to tell, is my stomach gurgling because im hungry? or because im gonna be sick? both feel very similar. and its pot luck as to which one..

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
there is no cure for hangovers. sleep is the best thing but I just can't sleep after the few hours of coma which follow drinking, I'm always wide awake by like 7am with a headache, thirst, needing the loo etc. it's pure misery and I can't deal with it at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
there is no cure for hangovers. sleep is the best thing but I just can't sleep after the few hours of coma which follow drinking, I'm always wide awake by like 7am with a headache, thirst, needing the loo etc. it's pure misery and I can't deal with it at all.
Dehydration causes the headache and thirst. Try water, paracetamol and then give it an hour before eating something to get the blood sugar levels back up (which is where the pepsi or irn bru work) starting with a couple of slices of toast.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
This!
I didn't think anyone else did the same.

Failing that loads of water helps.
a bath.
you smell.
and alcohol dehydrates you I believe so water seems logical

Gotta admit its Pepsi Max all the way for me, and it has to be the MAX!

My late Grandad always took a bottle of Guinness to bed with him regardless of what he had been drinking, and to this day my Nanna still believes that the fact its fizzy and full of iron is what helped him in the morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here