Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12.30. Kick Off. Barnsley

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
How sad that they have moved the kick off for the last game just so Sky can show one game. Now everybody has to leave at the crack of dawn for the laughable excuse of "Intergrity". When will they ever care about the supporter.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No all Championship games are moved because of Sky

D

Deleted member 18477

From Brighton website:

All 13 Championship games on the final day of the season have been moved forward to a 12.30pm kick-off.

The Seagulls will travel to Oakwell to face Barnsley at the earlier time on Saturday 28th April following discussions with Sky, the BBC and the Football League to ensure that the integrity of the league competition is maintained.

The earlier kick-offs will also ensure that the Football League will remain in a position to fulfil the broadcasting obligations with Sky and the BBC.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Really poor decision. All final matches of the season should kick off at 3pm, or at the very worst 1pm but kicking off at 12:30 to suit the TV investment is the reality of the modern game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How sad that they have moved the kick off for the last game just so Sky can show one game. Now everybody has to leave at the crack of dawn for the laughable excuse of "Intergrity". When will they ever care about the supporter.

Think you will find that all the games in the championship will start at the same time on that day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bollox good job I can probably wangle a visit to the leeds office the day before so I can go from there. Grrr.

Listen ... if this is a game that might be a step towards the Premier League next season, we'll be killing each other to get tickets, whatever the kick off time.

And being messed about by Sky TV will be a good introduction to what could happen most weeks next season.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Think you will find that all the games in the championship will start at the same time on that day.

Yes. But that is my point. We all have to start early because of the first Sky game.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Don't know why people are getting worked up by this as hasn't it always been the case in the Championship?

I remember the Grimsby away and Ipswich home matches both being early afternoon kick offs when were last at that level (forgotten who we played in the 2nd relegation season).

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Better than last year as they made the decision for the Championship around the end of March, which by then people had already booked train tickets etc, at least this time it is more advanced notice.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This isn't a new thing - i'm pretty sure it's happened for the last 7 or 8 years or so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here