Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

116 Heroes

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well done to all those that made it to the game, despite the time, the distance and the closed motorways.

We sung pretty loudly throughout the game, despite there being not much to cheer about and a disappointing performance.

A great turn out in the circumstances, and not one boo, even though the team didnt get clapped off at the final whistle.

Shame the players didnt come all the way over to applaud those that made it

:clap::clap::clap:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well done to all those that made it to the game, despite the time, the distance and the closed motorways.

We sung pretty loudly throughout the game, despite there being not much to cheer about and a disappointing performance.

A great turn out in the circumstances, and not one boo, even though the team didnt get clapped off at the final whistle.

Shame the players didnt come all the way over to applaud those that made it

:clap::clap::clap:

Heroes?

Great credit to all of you who made the effort to go all that way and support the Albion, but labelling yourselves as 'heroes' is pushing a bit isn't it?

Nobody made you go.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yep, well done all, shame you were rewarded for two of the longest journeys in football in the space of four days with two UTTER GUBBINS displays, hope you all didn't waste too much money... Me, I'd feel totally shafted if I'd have spent any money on that!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes, I have great admiration for those who went, but I just feel that calling themselves heroes is OTT.

I would think the word was being used as a figure of speech as an accolade for efforts as opposed to being akin to an act of bravery.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Apologies, I didnt want to say 116 muppets, mugs or superfans

The team did applaud eventually, but did it from the safety of the centre circle, Fraser was the only one who properly acknowledged everyone, but he was almost in the stand celebrating our disallowed goal, and had no idea it was ruled out

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Heroes?

Great credit to all of you who made the effort to go all that way and support the Albion, but labelling yourselves as 'heroes' is pushing a bit isn't it?

Nobody made you go.

agreed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That is utterly shameful.

Hold on are you saying that they clapped from a distance or just trooped off without any form of acknowledgement?

well, murray STORMED straight down the tunnel after the game

he must have been pretty pissed off though, it was his worst game in a long long time

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The non-away game supporters are happy to take the reflected credit when we have a good turn out away from home, so well done to you all. You're either mad or mad keen - either way, good effort.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Apologies, I didnt want to say 116 muppets, mugs or superfans

The team did applaud eventually, but did it from the safety of the centre circle, Fraser was the only one who properly acknowledged everyone, but he was almost in the stand celebrating our disallowed goal, and had no idea it was ruled out

You're not muppets or mugs either. I might not call you heroes but I would call you great fans. I have huge admiration for you and would love to have been there too. There was a time when I went to all games, home and away, but I simply can't now.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Heroes?

Nobody made you go.

Are you implying that they would have been heroes if they were made to go?!?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why so aggressive Simeon.
Eh? I'm not being aggressive. But some soccerball supporters (not just ours) do have this weird opinion that their away attendance is to be lauded. It aint. It doesn't even provide cash to the club they support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here