Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10th if we are lucky this season

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Loving how other than kevo, nobody has offered a reasoned explanation on why I am wrong, but just said I am anyway.

NSC at its finest.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Absolute total and complete dross tonight.

Awful defending. Zero end product.

Totally out played and outclassed by a very slick looking Swindon team.

All my hope for the season has faded away.

0 league games played and you want to make a serious prediction about our final league position.

Just what is the point, other than to start another (I cannot believe it, another) negative moaning thread.

Your slightly premature prediction could have been added to one of the other existing pointless stupid threads.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
0 league games played and you want to make a serious prediction about our final league position.

Just what is the point, other than to start another (I cannot believe it, another) negative moaning thread.

Your slightly premature prediction could have been added to one of the other existing pointless stupid threads.

If the thread is pointless and stupid why bother to reply?

Has anybody got anything to say other than "everything will be OK" and "its only the cup".

Am I one of the huge minority on here who expects the team to try and win every game, and beat opposition from a lower league.

Crawley went away to Millwall and drew 2-2 and then smashed them on penalties.

We went away to Swindon and got walloped 3-0

How can this ever be acceptable, and how can any thread discussing it be pointless?

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Anyone want a £50.00 bet to REMF that we won't be better than 10th?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If the thread is pointless and stupid why bother to reply?

Has anybody got anything to say other than "everything will be OK" and "its only the cup".

Am I one of the huge minority on here who expects the team to try and win every game, and beat opposition from a lower league.

Crawley went away to Millwall and drew 2-2 and then smashed them on penalties.

We went away to Swindon and got walloped 3-0

How can this ever be acceptable, and how can any thread discussing it be pointless?

I wanted you to know it was pointless and stupid.

The thread title predicts our final position at the end of the season. Without the season having actually started.

I know people are upset about us losing tonight, but get some perspective, and a grip.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The only reason I had a look on here tonight was because I told myself that after last season, surely people must have learnt, surely, that sometimes we just have a bad day at the office.

But no, 'we'll do well to stay up', '10th at best' etc etc. I just f***ing despair sometimes. We will be top 6 this year, I absolutely 100% guarantee that. Gus is the best thing to ever happen to this football club, and one day, when he is long gone, all the moaners and retards will realise it, and wish we were back where we are now. I am 100% sure of that.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I wanted you to know it was pointless and stupid.

The thread title predicts our final position at the end of the season. Without the season having actually started.

I know people are upset about us losing tonight, but get some perspective, and a grip.

So the perspective I am supposed to get is what exactly?

We can beat Chelsea at home with a great performance when it counts for nothing, and when its a competitive game we can't beat Swindon away.

With that perspective in mind I think we will massively struggle away from home (as we did last year) meaning that we will suffer in the league because of it. That combined with a few injuries or suspensions to key players and I reckon that 10th will be difficult for us to achieve. I saw nothing tactically tonight to indicate that Gus has learnt much from last season. We had the same old problems (leaky defence and no final ball or end product) and in my opinion the league is a bit tougher this year.

Yes the thread title is emotive, and yes I am upset about watching that shower of shite tonight, but this forum is supposed to incite discussion about football not personal insults (though often it is used for the latter rather than the former)

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The only reason I had a look on here tonight was because I told myself that after last season, surely people must have learnt, surely, that sometimes we just have a bad day at the office.

But no, 'we'll do well to stay up', '10th at best' etc etc. I just f***ing despair sometimes. We will be top 6 this year, I absolutely 100% guarantee that. Gus is the best thing to ever happen to this football club, and one day, when he is long gone, all the moaners and retards will realise it, and wish we were back where we are now. I am 100% sure of that.

Normally Commander I would agree with you 100%. Tonight's performance has really dented my confidence though. I genuinely really do hope that you are correct.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Probably already been said but one swallow don't make a summer. Vicente needs someone in front him to feed off, top 6 imo when/if cms returns

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So the perspective I am supposed to get is what exactly?

We can beat Chelsea at home with a great performance when it counts for nothing, and when its a competitive game we can't beat Swindon away.

With that perspective in mind I think we will massively struggle away from home (as we did last year) meaning that we will suffer in the league because of it. That combined with a few injuries or suspensions to key players and I reckon that 10th will be difficult for us to achieve. I saw nothing tactically tonight to indicate that Gus has learnt much from last season. We had the same old problems (leaky defence and no final ball or end product) and in my opinion the league is a bit tougher this year.

Yes the thread title is emotive, and yes I am upset about watching that shower of shite tonight, but this forum is supposed to incite discussion about football not personal insults (though often it is used for the latter rather than the former)

I am not a disher outer of personal insults (at least I try not to be), I don't think I have personally insulted you (if I have, sorry)

The season has not started, long way to go. This was one match. Sometimes underdogs beat bigger sides. It's football.

Like you said in the post above, tonight has dented your confidence, but I would just echo the sentiments expressed by Commander.

We're f***ing brilliant.

But we just did not show it today.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Normally Commander I would agree with you 100%. Tonight's performance has really dented my confidence though. I genuinely really do hope that you are correct.

Come on mate it's one dodgy performance, before the season has properly started. We hammered Southampton 3-0 last season, look where they ended up. I know it's easier to say if you didn't witness it, as I didn't, but it's one game, and we all know that we are far better than Swindon Town. I fully expect the minimum of a battling draw at Hull on Saturday, followed by us taking Cardiff and Barnsley apart at the Amex a few days later. Then this place will be back to 'We're going to walk this league' again.

Relax!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I am not a disher outer of personal insults (at least I try not to be), I don't think I have personally insulted you (if I have, sorry)

The season has not started, long way to go. This was one match. Sometimes underdogs beat bigger sides. It's football.

Like you said in the post above, tonight has dented your confidence, but I would just echo the sentiments expressed by Commander.

We're f***ing brilliant.

But we just did not show it today.

Not insulted by you mate. Just some on here reply with useless remarks without entering into any type of debate on things.

I guess it all comes down to how you feel about sporting achievement. If we truly are f***ing brilliant then we should be able to show that at all times, especially against lower league opposition. I appreciate that anything can happen in football, but I guess I expect a high standard all the time which is unrealistic.

Still think with more performances like that we will struggle. Guess tonight just needs to be our worst performance of the season and we are OK

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Come on mate it's one dodgy performance, before the season has properly started. We hammered Southampton 3-0 last season, look where they ended up. I know it's easier to say if you didn't witness it, as I didn't, but it's one game, and we all know that we are far better than Swindon Town. I fully expect the minimum of a battling draw at Hull on Saturday, followed by us taking Cardiff and Barnsley apart at the Amex a few days later. Then this place will be back to 'We're going to walk this league' again.

Relax!

I'm trying to relax, believe me I am.

Draw at Hull would be a superb result!

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012

No offense but you must be deluded, how can you judge the future of this season on the basis of one performance? Yes we played bad, yes we defended poor but that doesnt mean we are going to consistently make these same mistakes. I bet just last week you was saying we were going to win the championship when we beat chelsea 3-1. Deluded!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
My mate supports swindon. #banter :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here