Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100% honest question

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoy it but would love to see the tempo upped at times.

yup, we need to get the ball zipping around a bit quicker at the back. We do it when the ball is in the last third

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
BHA play some lovely football but Poyet needs to change his style of play to suit the opposition....which he refuses to do. This will be his downfall. He has no plan B and is getting sussed out every game now. Poyet has got to mix things up a bit...but he would rather walk.

Gus won't compromise his view of the way football should be played. Some people may think him arrogant, but I'm happy to have such a principled man in charge. I love our style of play and I am confident that Gus will, with Tony Bloom's backing, build a side that will mount a sustained promotion challenge playing football the "right" way. If this takes another couple of years I'm happy to wait. I just hope Gus doesn't get driven away by the less patient members of the Albion's support.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I believe that the constant long ball is not going to succeed in the Championship but neither is the slow build up,recent games we have had a lot of possession in midfield but has lead to few shots on goal and even less goals.
Poyet must change the system when its plain Plan A is getting us nowhere,there is no point in signing additional strikers and playing one style which other clubs have clearly found the answer too.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yes. We have to remember this is still relatively early stages of a work in progress when we have got it going it is absolutely fantastic but that is not constant enough yet, if we stick with it we will only get better. Personally I love it and cannot get enough I have not been this excited watching the Albion since the days of Peter Ward.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
SFC fan in peace. Do you enjoy the football you play? From the statistics I've seen you don't seem to create too many chances, yet you have your fair share of possession.

Do you feel you like a creative spark (perhaps Vicente could be that when he's settled) or do you rely on patient build up that doesn't work as often against Championship defences?

Cue abuse calling me a WUM/Arrogant Saints fan but I have nothing against Brighton, on the contrary I actually quite like them.

We are still very much a work in progress. The style of football we play is the way it should be played and is probably the best we have ever played. The only thing not going for us at the moment is first choice players persistantly unavailable and players still needing to get to know each other.

We desperately need the likes of Vicente and Buckley to get fit and stay fit as they have the quality we need to play Gus's style of football at this level.

Give us another season or two and we will be Premiership favourites.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took Swansea more than a year to perfect the same style, look where they are now. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This season is all about building the foundations of a team that will be equipped for Premiership football within 3 years. Southampton are looking very strong, and I will be surprised if they don't go up, but making so much progress in such a short space of time can come back to bite you, and you could easily see yourselves straight back down from the Prem in 20th place.
Am more than happy for us to patiently build a quality side and watch some beautiful football in the process. Our time will come.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I am confident we will get promoted if Poyet stays in charge. All we need is to ship out the dead wood and bring in players who can play the passing game effectively and maybe a bit quicker

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I do enjoy it, although I think it is very much work in progress at the moment. Paynter might be the key to it all.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
SFC fan in peace. Do you enjoy the football you play? From the statistics I've seen you don't seem to create too many chances, yet you have your fair share of possession.

Do you feel you like a creative spark (perhaps Vicente could be that when he's settled) or do you rely on patient build up that doesn't work as often against Championship defences?

Cue abuse calling me a WUM/Arrogant Saints fan but I have nothing against Brighton, on the contrary I actually quite like them.

Yes I love watching us keep the ball.

Going forward our players lack the movement or speed to unlock organisied defences in this division at the moment, but Gus knows this and in his words - we will either learn to do it, or get new players who can do it.

Aug 4, 2011
Hey! Congratulations on your great start in the championship. I think the style of football we play at the moment is still developing and our players are still adapting to it but undoubtedly it is progressing the club. Gus has a brilliant approach to the game and its always an interesting match. We still are thinking too much about the game and not letting it flow as good as we could and that is what has given us a few bad results. However we started to do at the beginning of this season. I believe that over time and training we will develop a very strong side and keep pushing and playing for top level football. Gus has done a brilliant job and we need to remember we have to walk before we can run, Remembering where we have come from I am sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say watching Brighton this year has been a great , proud and entertaining. I just hope we continue to push the team in the right direction and I cannot wait for the Saints game. For me - one of the highlights of the year. It will be a game to remember!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually think, although it grinds my teeth to do it, that Southampton are playing some fantastic football from what I have seen. Strong, ruthless, pass the ball well and hit the top when necessary. But they'll have a bad patch like everyone else and we'll see what they're made of then.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Yes love our style of football but we are a bit shotshy at moment.

Must admit that the passing around the back gives me the yips at times - in moments of panic I have to bit my tongue and resist shouting "Hoof it!" otherwise I would be lynched.

From the little I have seen of Saints this season they seem to play some good stuff and are more direct with it.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here