Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100 great things about Gus Poyet......

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Good sense of humour (singing 'we're f***ing brilliant' and 'who the f*** are man united?' to many people).
Good sense of ire.
Good powers of persuasion.
Good ideas about the Amex during construction
Good ideas for the new academy.
Good footballing knowledge.
Good idea of what good football should look like.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When he awoke from the dead he was kept prisoner in an underground military establishment in America whilst zombies began to rule the earth. The main surviving doctor there used Gus as the zobie to test on and retrain to be human. His flesh-chewing teeth were weakened, but he remained chained to a wall whilst carrying the tasks the doctor demanded - learning to shave, combing his hair, listening to some classical etc. One of the army fellas who'd more than likely gone mad thanks to the dead governing the world and craving his organs teased him most often and Gus, remembering his station and position in the corps prior to his death and rebirth, salutes accordingly despite the cruel and torturous onslaught. Gus, in the end, escapes, and refuses to come to the rescue of the major whose stomach is soon to be ripped open and gorged on by the zombies who invaded successfully. Gus went on to live quite successfully for a number of months before the zombies perished and humankind found it's way to the earth's surface once more to procreate and germify and pollute. Now he lives underground fearful of what the fresh-fleshed might do to him, but his hope in his charcoal unbeating heart.

zombie_bub.png

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
Look what position we were in before he signed for us? And now we are 4 points off play-offs to the premiership!? Such a quick turnaround! Cant moan at all. Its his first season in the championship as a manager, which is a tougher league than league 1. His doing Brilliantly!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He has a bodyguard with the longest name in football, Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway, better known as Charlie.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whilst going through my morning routine in the bathroom this morning, 5Live covered last night's Palace v Cardiff match and included an interview with Dougie Freedman. Now, don't get me wrong, Freedman seems to be doing a great job up there, which is obviously annoying.

However, everything he said was so very, very clichéd, as if he'd read cover-to-cover "101 Football Manager soundbites - tried and tested quotations for any situation" and was just spewing out selective lines like a robot.

So, my 'love Gus' thing is simply that he's interesting (especially compared to dullard Freedman).

this.

He's funny.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He has an excellent taste in watches and wears a lovely Rolex Daytona

(come on guys only another 40 reasons to go!!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here