3 reds

What's been your favourite Glenn Murray game/goal/transfer request/rumour

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Brentford Away, and the complete SPACKFEST created by some of the puddingheads at the end of the game when he 'disrespected' them.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Wycombe away, one of the best stand out performance by one player I've ever seen

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Wycombe away, one of the best stand out performance by one player I've ever seen

Assuming you mean the 5-2 win, THIS.

Brez's clanger, awful first half and then Poyet put a rocket up everyones arse and we came out a new team. My first away game on my own too.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Assuming you mean the 5-2 win, THIS.

Brez's clanger, awful first half and then Poyet put a rocket up everyones arse and we came out a new team. My first away game on my own too.

Yep that's the one

westy

Jul 25, 2003
100 games
45 goals

Says it all. Class act. Give the lad a contract and lets watch him tear up the Championship with The Albion.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The two that sping to mind for me are;

Southampton away, last season. The first 45 minutes were a textbook example of how to play as a league one strike partnership - Murray and Forster seemed to have a telepathic understanding that day.

Milwall at home, when it rained lots. Everyone thought Murray was injured. Everybody raised their eyebrow when Murray was named on the bench. Yet he came off the bench in the first half and led us to a 4-1 victory. I have never been as wet as I was that day - my programme was just a sticky pulp by the time I got home.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stay onside Murray and THPP FAVOURITE one in ten Glenn.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The two that sping to mind for me are;

Southampton away, last season. The first 45 minutes were a textbook example of how to play as a league one strike partnership - Murray and Forster seemed to have a telepathic understanding that day.

Milwall at home, when it rained lots. Everyone thought Murray was injured. Everybody raised their eyebrow when Murray was named on the bench. Yet he came off the bench in the first half and led us to a 4-1 victory. I have never been as wet as I was that day - my programme was just a sticky pulp by the time I got home.

That game was fantastic despite the weather. Murray, in around an hour, scored two and set up two I believe.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Last night he was superb. Clearly, the two thugs at the back of Colchester's defence were under instructions to stop him at all costs and wind him up as much as possible, but with the exception of the one time when Murray lashed out after being fouled but not getting a free kick, he took it all and and at times, left them looking stupid. He got very little support from the officials but still managed to create chances for himself and others. The first goal was very much the result of his persistence. Although towards the end he had a spell of getting offside too easily, it was great to see Glenn still chasing and causing problems. If ever a man-of-the -match award was deserved, this was it and for once, the sponsors got it right! Please persuade him to sigh a new contract a.s.a.p!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I loved it when he goaded the Leeds fans at Elland Rd after putting away a penalty. Very funny.

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
If ever a man-of-the -match award was deserved, this was it and for once, the sponsors got it right!

Agree with this :thumbsup: Although El Abd pushed him pretty close, thought he was class.. especially giving that cheating diver a few choice wordss in the second half :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1 ) The one player that most fans would not want to see go
2 ) The best player on the books......the one with the most class.
3 ) The most valuable player at the club.
4 ) The player with the best first touch and by far the best header of the ball.
5 ) The one player who would make a seamless transition to a higher level.
6 ) On his day, the best ' one-touch ' finisher in the division.

Last night's performance demonstrated what was missing at Bournemouth for over an hour.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Could not agree more, his work reate is second to none and he would be a massive loss if he leaves in the next week. More so than Bennett in my honest opinion...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's been a class act since the moment he rocked up here. And predictably, Gus Poyet is getting the best out of him, just as he does with virtually every other player on the books.

I know this is getting ahead of ourselves but I genuinely believe that Murray is one of a core group of six or seven players that could end up leading an assault on a place in the Premiership next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here