Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 years on - The best Withdean moment - Nominations thread

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
As noted above; Swindon, Zamora v Halifax and beating Chesterfield to win the league. Also getting a point against Ipswich and staying up on the last day of the season (2005?) as I got to speak to Des Lyman after running on the pitch after the final whistle. And the 4-1 win against wolves in 2003 that gave us a glimmer of a chance of staying up.

i remember the 4-1 wolves win and 4-0 watford wins were quite near to eachother...

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Hole opened up that needed to be filled with bucket of sand. Took an age to find a bucket of sand. Sorry, can't remember which game.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Obviously I’ve got a different set of memories regarding the games I attended at the Withdean to you lot but, for me it was either the NSC sponsored match or the ‘Jobi in the last minute’ game between us. As I can’t even remember who the opposition was for the former - it was a very alcoholic day :) - I’ll have to go with the latter.

I’m sure you all remember the game, albeit for different reasons.

Or for the masochists, https://fb.watch/4La3ISg3Tr/

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My daughter and I are in that crowd, her first home game at 13 months (already been to a couple of away games). I also loved shouting 'Get your hair cut!' every time Freeman ran down the wing.

We were too, it was my young son’s third ever Albion game. 12 years on (time flies), he’s a NS s/t holder.

I really liked Russell Slade, self effacing, he loved that chant.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Obviously I’ve got a different set of memories regarding the games I attended at the Withdean to you lot but, for me it was either the NSC sponsored match or the ‘Jobi in the last minute’ game between us. As I can’t even remember who the opposition was for the former - it was a very alcoholic day :) - I’ll have to go with the latter.

The NSC sponsored match I went to was against Notts County. They scored some ridiculous goal from the halfway line and I think it ended in a draw. Not that it mattered too much, it was a cracking day.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Hard to say what my overall best Withdean moment was but many a happy hour in The Sportsman pre match. Several beers in before tackling the £4.49 roast buffet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bloke on the pitch after Man City in his scooter/wheelchair

First competitive game back in Brighton and beating Mansfield 6-0

My first thought was “one man wheelchair pitch invasion”.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:ban: :lolol:

I remember that game for very different reasons. Was living abroad and watched it in a Scottish themed ex pat Chippy in the middle of Taipei City on a moody satellite feed. Just me, the Scotsman who owned it, a Palace fan who also played for our football team and a crate of Guinness. Can't even remember the winner :drink:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Knocking Man City out of the League Cup after extra time and penalties. 24th September 2008 = my other half's birthday.

This. I didn’t get to the Withdean as much as I would have liked as I lived abroad for the majority of time we played there. But I got a ticket for this from a mate who got called in to work, on the proviso I kept him up to date by text of the scores. He was gutted to have missed it, and I wasn’t.......

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Drunk bloke getting his false leg pulled off by H Block stewards, then being manhandled, hopping and effing and blinding, round the running track. Marvellous Withdean scenes :lolol:

I think that was Lee, didn't know him very well, just from out and about at pubs/gigs, he died last year . . .

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
When a sink hole appeared on the pitch in the first or second season and the groundstaff had to come on and fill it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here