Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 10 years of Cover versions that absolutely SPANK the originals .......... over to you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Madcap Canadians do David Essex. Mrs T is unfamiliar with the original, but loves this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Madcap Canadians do David Essex. Mrs T is unfamiliar with the original, but loves this.

Love the David Essex annual in the video, but disappointed that there is an 8:19 12 inch version and we just get the single edit.

Mrs T will still be unfamiliar with the original, as this is absolutely nothing like it, only the lyrics give a clue to David's #3 hit from 51 years ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T hates this. I love it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Love the David Essex annual in the video, but disappointed that there is an 8:19 12 inch version and we just get the single edit.

Mrs T will still be unfamiliar with the original, as this is absolutely nothing like it, only the lyrics give a clue to David's #3 hit from 51 years ago.
I thought the 12" version was too long.

Mrs T despite her relative youth is a musicologist and knows The Essex. We started the conversation that eventually resulted in us getting together (we were semi-detached work colleagues employed in different cities and sectors) when during an email rant about the failings of a third party I typed "That's when I reach for my revolver". I like to make obscure jokes. She came right back at me with "Mission of Burma". I was well impressed ???. TWIRFMR is an obscure release from 1981.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jul 20, 2003
I knew Lowe wrote it. Wasn't a big fan of Brinsley Schwartz (despite having seen them live at Hove Town Hall, supporting 'How Long' Ace).

You can only feel smug if you knew it was a cover without the need to check :wink:

I'm smug because I was about 5 years old when the magnificently named Brinsley Ernst Pieter Schwarz* (no 't') broke up with himself/ band.

*I did have to look that up.

However, I did see Michael Nesmith at Hove Town Hall

Both better than The 'Greenbriar Boys' original.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here