Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 wins to clinch it?????

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
i think 10 more wins or alternatively 30 points will secure it, anyone think any different?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Champions or promotion?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
5 wins + 12 points from the other 12 games = 86 points which could well see us as champions this year

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
If each of the teams below us continue to pick up the same average number of points for each of their remaining home and away games that they have achieved so far this season, the table from 2nd to 6th would look like:

2nd Bournemouth 79 pts
3rd Southampton 78 pts
4th Huddersfield 78 pts
5th Charlton 75 pts
6th Peterborough 72 pts

So with us already on 59 points, 7 more wins would appear to be enough to clinch it by giving us 80 points. However, there is nothing certain in football and the remaining games may not follow the same pattern.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets get the first at MK on Saturday, but this will be difficult because as their manager says they play the best football in the division , keep the ball longest and make the most passes. The only things they havent done is get the most points or goals.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Lets get the first at MK on Saturday, but this will be difficult because as their manager says they play the best football in the division , keep the ball longest and make the most passes. The only things they havent done is get the most points or goals.

Was their manager at their home game against Plymouth when they lost 1-3 ?

A tough game Saturday , agreed, but a narrow Albion win.

Mid 80's on points should see us rightly crowned as Champions.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have the team got the nerve to see it through. The tough march schedule provides with an opportunity to really go for the kill and finish the job off. This week is a particularly tricky one as we visit two grounds where don't normally have a lot of luck. Also we finally get to play one of the games in hand over B'muff on tuesday, so two wins this week would be massive. Got to admit I'm viewing each game with a certain amount of trepidation I'm pleased to see that so far the team do not share my nerves.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:lol: did he really say that? lowest goal difference in the top 12 and having played 1 more game than anyone they are in the playoffs by the finger tips. can see charlton (29 games, 2pts behind) easily overhauling them, and Rochdale and Orient (29 games, 5 and 6 pts behind) should finish above MK.

never mind them... :bhasign:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Fantastic news. Teams are very naive if they think it's a good idea to try and outfootball us.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

This was the same manager who very recently said Sheff Wed were the best team in League One!

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
yeovil away
carlise home
home to tranmere
home to notts
home to swindon
daggers away
home to daggers
walsall away
away to notts

9 comfortable wins

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yeovil away
carlise home
home to tranmere
home to notts
home to swindon
daggers away
home to daggers
walsall away
away to notts

9 comfortable wins

Have you ever heard the expression "Kiss of death"? :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the other hand, he's probably right and in any case that's only HALF our remaining matches. :)

I know, but ssssshhhhh, we still have to keep up with Saints, so lets not get cocky about it :lol:

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
On the other hand, he's probably right and in any case that's only HALF our remaining matches. :)

yes and were not going to lose all the rest i think maybe 3 pushing it 4 loses are left this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here