Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 points out of 12!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Who would have thought it?

Fantastic achievement from the first 4 matches, bring on the next, this season's start has been beyond my wildest imagination. Lets keep that ball rolling and give it some next saturday!!

SEAGULLS

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It takes time to bed into a season too. When we get going we will be unstoppable :thumbsup:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Aye. In amongst the pack at the top of the Championship. Late goals feel like a kick in the nuts though. Can imagine how Doncaster felt now.

But onwards and upwards. :albion2:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Awesome start. If we carry on like this we might just be able to keep Palace a few points behind us.

Palace tactics were same today as against Peterborough away, today they got lucky...... play direct, try and grab a goal and then get 10 men behind the ball and defend the 1 goal lead.

I am 99% certain, we will finish above them this season.

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
Great start for you lot down the road.
Crawley also have 10 points from 12 and lead league Two.

If both teams keep this up sussex will see one club in the premiership and the other in league One.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Ans we have played the teams that are 6th,7th,12th and Doncaster

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Palace tactics were same today as against Peterborough away, today they got lucky...... play direct, try and grab a goal and then get 10 men behind the ball and defend the 1 goal lead.

I am 99% certain, we will finish above them this season.
Funny, did I see you sat in the away end at Hull?

It was 10 men behind the ball in stoppage time, until that point, we counter-attacked a Hull side who played 4-5-1 at Home and basically tried to kick to shits anything that moved, including our Goalkeeper.

We were solid, never looked like conceding and didn't have 6 starting players on the pitch in Clyne, Moxey, Gardner, Ambrose (until 20 mins left), Garvan, Murray.

I personally would be happy with 5 points right now considering the huge injury list we have had and still have, to have 9 and an away win at Hull is impressive.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think we have to begrugingly admit that Palace's results have looked impressive. Clearly the table doesn't lie though :joker:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Great start for you lot down the road.
Crawley also have 10 points from 12 and lead league Two.

If both teams keep this up sussex will see one club in the premiership and the other in league One.
I'll raise a glass to you for that.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
And we have to admit the same towards you.

It's not an easy division, yet yourselves, Southampton and Peterborough are proving a very big point.

Thought you were going down with Barnsley and Donny, so a good start for you.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Thought you were going down with Barnsley and Donny, so a good start for you.
You underestimated us then. Coventry for example, have been terrible since late 2010. They were awful last year, but having the Rapist Marlon King, kept them up.

We at least have a very good Academy and a manager who had a footballing brain (again, like your own) who wants to play football.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
You underestimated us then. Coventry for example, have been terrible since late 2010. They were awful last year, but having the Rapist Marlon King, kept them up.

We at least have a very good Academy and a manager who had a footballing brain (again, like your own) who wants to play football.

Who have you got next 3?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blackpool looked a good side and were hard to get the ball off apart from that purple patch we had before they scored. Disappointing to give away a 2 goal lead but the equaliser was really well taken and I think Blackpool will be in contention. We played some really really good fottball at times today. Great start to the season...goalfest next Saturday then....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Could and probably should have been 12 which is the killer though. Looking back at the end of the season it might look a good result but at the moment its pretty gutting. Didn't think Blackpool were all that and looked a one man team

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am more than happy with the draw however the biggest disappointment was Noone being replaced by LuaLua, don't get me wrong I love watching Lualua but, we were 2-0 up, no real pressure and at that time Noone was definately MOM. We still had a fair way to the end of the game against a parachute premier outfit who are dangerous, especially with 'ole man Phillips! I would have preferred to see consolidation first and if Dicker had to be pulled the intial sub should have been Dicker for Navarro. We then play another 10 of the 27 mins!! left and then if Noone was tiring replace him with LuaLua and let him terrorise a tiring defence. I know we love gus like a god but, in this instance I feel it was a tactical mistake. Then again I aint no real life manager. The brilliant reality though is it's 10 point outta 12! And consider this too.........

Our Game opponents:

Table postion: 6th Cardiff..... P4 Pts 7
7th Blackpool.....P4 Pts 7
10th Pompey.......P4 Pts 5
24th Donney...... P4 Pts 0

The Table leaders opponents:

Table Position: 9th Millwall..........P4 Pts 5
15th Barnsley.......P4 Pts 4
17th Leeds...........P3 Pts 3
19th Ipswich.........P4 Pts 3

it's early doors but, it'll be interesting when Saints play a team with a little more nuance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here