Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 More Australian Moving or travelers Question

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im moving....i did a thread the other day about moving to gold coast in october...

1 thing is scaring me..lots of people have told me on a forum that on the 1 year travel/work visa im getting the only main way to stay is to go into primary work..ie farms...But i'll be living on surfers paradise on the beach...so farm work is very slim..but i dont even want farm work.

I really want to know if anyone traveller or work related..how you got your 1 year in oz extended? do you know if i can get sponsered for an extension even though im only allowed to work for 1 employer for 6 months max...dont wanna come home after 1 year...maybe not @ all...HELP!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thanks for all your comments.....No further question!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If you can get yourself an office job it is quite easy to get yourself sponsorship for a business visa. A business visa lasts about 4 years. There are companies that will do this for you. They take a cut of your wages (about 3-4% I believe). There is an example organisation here. I am not sure what hoops they have to jump through, but it's a good start.

www.freespirit.com.au

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here