• Steal

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Shit deal

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
exactly. considering the kind of money going around at the time it was good for both clubs.....untill spurs decided to play the porto reject instead

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
at the time thought it was a shit deal but not sure now!

ok robinson a proven prem player and an england international moved for the same but jon stead moved for more and although he has impressed more in the prem wasn't as proven in the nationwide as bobby was

rool

Jul 10, 2003
In hindsight it has to have been good business. It seemed he wasn't interested in doing his stuff for us anymore and I think the money desparately needed.
Ultimately we got 1.5m for someone who still hasn't proved himself to be above Div 2 level.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Total Steal.

I seriously think we look at bobby through Rose Tinted specs because he was the first half decent player wed had for years. He has proved to me he will never be any more than a div 1 player, or a struggling premiership side squadman. A shame you find these things out in retsrospect becasue we could have had much more from Everton but at the time were all under the delusion that he was a future England number 10.

Also, a few West Ham fans I know cant stand him and say he gets booed all the time now, cant see him lasting the season there unless it really takes off for him. After West Ham reckon hell end up at a side like Preston.

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Withe the current prices being paid for Div 1/2/3 players I dont think we would currently got 750K for Bobby if he was still a Brighon player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Behave Icy. At least this is a subject worthy of discussion.

Ok, I think we got a good deal as he'd totally lost interest. I also think he will do a fine job in Div 1 this season, if not at West Ham where he seems to be their David Lee, then at somewhere like Reading :eek: :nono: or preferably Leicester or maybe even Hull in div 2?

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
i reckon we did alright out of it to be honest. the west ham fans that i know don't really rate him and have a couple of tongue-in-cheek songs about him being better than defoe and stuff. i think he's got the quality to be a decent first division stiker, but no better.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Leicester bound for sure after West Ham if he fails.
MA will get him banging the goals in again.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
CAFC Matt said:
If he flunks at West Ham I reckon you lot might get him back.

we'd welcome him back with open arms, no doubt about that. trouble is, we'd never be able to match the wages he's been on for the last couple of years, not while we're stuck at withdean.

May 29, 2004
Lancing
For what he has done (or not) it is an absolute steal. Have also heard mutterings from West Ham fans about his lack of quality contribution... & this for some-one who plays for the club he supports!

Palaceboy22

Jun 15, 2004
Selhurst
It was a great deal for u, he's a average div1 player at best, i had great fun laughing at him miss a sitter against the EAGLESSSSSSS at Cardiff! :clap2: :clap2:

Did you no CRYSTAL PALACE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE because of that win! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Palaceboy22 said:
IDid you no CRYSTAL PALACE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE because of that win! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You are an ignorant shit who can't spell

You are also going to get make yourself alot of friends on NSC with posts like the above :shootself

ps Premier League for season 2004/05 I grant you............but how we will laugh when you get thumped game after game ;)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BZ's sadly failed to take it to the next level. Which was fair enough when he was only getting twenty minutes at the dog end of every game for Spurs. But when he drops a division and gets the full first hour of every game at his beloved West Ham and still fails to impress then, sadly, maybe the lad has done as much as he's going to without a further drop in class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here