Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1-0, and we f***ed it up.....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ernest said:
Haven't got time to list them all

:jester:

I'm not Wilkins biggest fan, but i'm not sure how you can blame him for us conceding a last minute penalty!

1066gull

chez said:
I may be being a bit harsh but if we give him until next season that's another wasted season as far as I'm concerned. People moaned that McGhee should have been sacked sooner for the same reason. Give him til the end of the season and then put him back to the youth or ressies. Lets give an experinced manager this "healthy budget" that Dick Knight talks about and see what he can do with it. Wilkins had his chance and despite getting in a couple of decent players since taking charge things havent exactly gone brilliantly have they?
McGhee had two seasons with us already, and still got a third chance. Why can't we give Wilkins just the one?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Mickey Adams certainly wouldn't have tolerated the inept performance against Donny, that's for sure.

1066gull

Bakesy said:
Mickey Adams certainly wouldn't have tolerated the inept performance against Donny, that's for sure.
He also wouldn't handle abuse/criticism from his own support:jester:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wilkins is the future, get behind him. A last minute defeat to a team who hope to get in the play offs ain't really that bad a result

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
AdrianDINho said:
McGhee had two seasons with us already, and still got a third chance. Why can't we give Wilkins just the one?

I'm not going down the McGhee shouldnt have been sacked road but it doesnt matter how many seasons he had the fact is that some fans feel that he was sacked to late. Lets not make that same mistake again, Wendy has had the majority of the season and a transfer window behind him and we are in a worse position team wise than we were before he took charge. Give someone else the whole of pre season with a decent budget and see what happens then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
I'm not going down the McGhee shouldnt have been sacked road but it doesnt matter how many seasons he had the fact is that some fans feel that he was sacked to late. Lets not make that same mistake again, Wendy has had the majority of the season and a transfer window behind him and we are in a worse position team wise than we were before he took charge. Give someone else the whole of pre season with a decent budget and see what happens then.

The big flaw in that argument is the term....decent budget :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ernest said:
He picks the team and the tactics

Which were apparently working perfectly, until Tranmere's change worked within seconds of it being made - hardly anything he could have done to prepare for that!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
chez said:

That is the correct way forward and a 'name' manager signing some decent players would show ambition and thus ensure a healthy season ticket sale

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
chez said:

no he had the january transfer window when it is known it is quite hard to bring in players, but still managed to get some in. Once pre season has come along we will have new players to make a promotion push.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Rookie said:
no he had the january transfer window when it is known it is quite hard to bring in players, but still managed to get some in. Once pre season has come along we will have new players to make a promotion push.

OK, say its hard to bring in decent players. He has brought in Bas, who has done OK and Bertin, who is regarded by fans and journo's as one of the best midfielders in the division. Even with those 2 good buys we still havent progressed as a team. This to me means that like Barry Lloyd, he can spot a good player but is left wanting tactically.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
if we would of won today everyone would be saying what a good manager he is and how were going to walk the league next year.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Which were apparently working perfectly, until Tranmere's change worked within seconds of it being made - hardly anything he could have done to prepare for that!

not suprising really, when you consider who tranmeres manager is - ronnie "god" moore - a man who was also available in the summer...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Sammy the seagull said:
if we would of won today everyone would be saying what a good manager he is and how were going to walk the league next year.

Yes. All this Wilkins-is-rubbish-and-should-be-sacked nonsense just cocks me off. We're MID TABLE ffs. We should expect to win a few and lose a few. Jesus.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ernest said:
He picks the team and the tactics
And WHY he thought the TACTIC of giving away a LATE penalty would WORK I will NEVER know. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here