Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

08/09 Zero to 09/10 hero?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I honestly believe (and will be slated for this) that if called upon at any point next season Colin Hawkins will be decent!!

bought back to early from his hernia OP played OK up until then and his loss of confidence was caused by "you know who" playing him taking him off when he was not fully fit after the OP and then putting some of the blame on the poor bloke
so
Hawkins
Cox
Davies

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I will bet anyone a Mars bar that Mcleod will not play more than half a dozen games in an Albion first team next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays none except flopping in pre season.

I've seen more pace and movement from an articulated lorry.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I will bet anyone a Mars bar that Mcleod will not play more than half a dozen games in an Albion first team game next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays none except flopping in pre season.

I'll raise you a kingsize twix AND a dime bar that he'll be an important player next season, and that he wont be quite so fat.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I will bet anyone a Mars bar that Mcleod will not play more than half a dozen games in an Albion first team next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays none except flopping in pre season.

So you don't think Slade has what it takes to sort McLeod out?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
So you don't think Slade has what it takes to sort McLeod out?

Not Mcleod no. I can't see how Slade can make him quicker even if he can sort his fitness and attitude out would be big enough ask for Alex Ferguson. I can see how players like Davies can improve but those on the downgrade like Mcleod I'm less than hopeful for.

Look at it this way. At the end of last year, Loft was preferred to Mcleod. He was released and wasn't exactly Ronaldo or even Dirt Kyut on the wing. If he can't get in a team which struggled to stay up, he isn't going to get anyway near a team of Slades making which it will be given the amount of players we have released and seemingly decent budget that we have.

My Guess is that he will end up on loan at a club in a lower division that us, be injured or in the reserves. Either way, he will contribute bugger all towards next season which I am prepared to bet a Mars bar, Dime and King Size Twix on or should I say Mcleods breakfast.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not Mcleod no. I can't see how Slade can make him quicker

Pace is not the issue, he clearly has that.

If Slade can put him through a good, hard pre-season and get him in shape and motivated, he'll be the best natural left winger at the club in a long time.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Hawkins has all the makings of a decent player, he just severely lacked confidence last season. He is the leader we need from the back.

what is that assessment based on? he's never really played outside irish league and was terrible for us when called upon last season - except at worthing and crewe!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth

We will have to agree to differ on that one.

I saw him outrun for a ball at Orient when he was given close on a 5m head start. He was sprinting full pace against Crewe and their RB was jogging and comfortbaly won the ball. I'm sure the only reason we bought him on at Huddersfield was because he was so slow we wasted a bit of time.

Slowest player I've seen since Dale Jasper.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

He hasn't though has he?

He came here with a decent reputation as someone who 'can go past people and deliver a decent cross' but I have seen no evidence of any pace whatsoever. He has none and that is not something Slade can improve no matter how good he is as a manager.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We will have to agree to differ on that one.

I saw him outrun for a ball at Orient when he was given close on a 5m head start. He was sprinting full pace against Crewe and their RB was jogging and comfortbaly won the ball. I'm sure the only reason we bought him on at Huddersfield was because he was so slow we wasted a bit of time.

I would still maintain that was due to a lack of fitness rather than of natural pace, but as you say we can agree to differ and only time will tell which of us is correct.

Even including Joe "if he went much slower he'd stop completely" Gatting?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
He hasn't though has he?

He came here with a decent reputation as someone who 'can go past people and deliver a decent cross' but I have seen no evidence of any pace whatsoever. He has none and that is not something Slade can improve no matter how good he is as a manager.

that sums him up for me. he's rubbish and the quicker adams takes him to vale park the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here