Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

08/09 Zero to 09/10 hero?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Quite a number to choose from but does anyone expect to see any squad members that were gash last season vastly improve under Slade next season?

For me it has to be Mcleod, looked like a real quality signing but turned out to be a little unfit and seemingly disintrested. I reckon he could prove a few people wrong next year.

Any thoughts?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. I think if Slade is able and willing to sort McLeod's fitness out he could turn out to be important for us next season.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I honestly believe (and will be slated for this) that if called upon at any point next season Colin Hawkins will be decent!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Davies , has to prove himself very quickly or he will be given the elbow.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I would of said Tommy Fraser and Loft based on the end of last season.

McLeod is clearly quality
Hawkins is clearly not good enough
Elphick will have a much better season
Cox can shine again

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
McLeod clearly has the skill, but lacks in fitness. I would love to see him do well under Slade.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hawkins has all the makings of a decent player, he just severely lacked confidence last season. He is the leader we need from the back.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Hawkins has all the makings of a decent player, he just severely lacked confidence last season. He is the leader we need from the back.

I'd agree with that but it it will take some time to re-build his confidence. Can't help but feel incredibly sorry for the bloke.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
McLeod will do well this season. I think he had a 2 yr deal and it expires at the end of next season.

Then he will get another 2 yr contract and be shite.

I hope he goes. He is the typical pick up the wages, go thru the motions player.

Hawkins for all his shitness, you could see he didnt want to lose. McLeod on the other hand looked like he couldnt care less as he will still get paid...

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Definately Dixon.

Be a massive improvement as soon as he is off the wage bill, either in a bout 6 months or bought out earlier.

Agree McLeod not likely to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here